protein powder

Options
looking for a protein powder that taste good but is also affordable. Thanks!

Replies

• kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk is pretty cheap and delicious
  • bkellypro
    bkellypro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use one that was recommended by a nutritionist: Olympian Labs Vanilla Pea Protein Powder. It works well in smoothies, too.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I picked up 4 pounds of Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey for $42.00 with gold card at GNC. I have tried several different whey products, the BSN product tastes the absolute best of all of them but has far too many carbs for me at this time. ON tastes good, and yet has low enough carbs 3 per serve and 24g of protein per serve.

The extreme milk chocolate is better than the double rich chocolate (believe it or not the milk is more chocolaty than the double)

I mix mine with milk most of the time but I need to get back to mixing with water because I haven't lost weight this week. I really love it in milk but it isn't bad in water either.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - $16-ish at Wal-Mart
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked at the price of protein powders, even on-line let alone in regular retail or specialty stores. I finally got a whey protein powder at Costco. Much cheaper there.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    muscle milk vanilla creme @ walmart $19
  • Whey Tech Pro 24 Banana Cream flavored. Mix it with skim milk or water and add a teaspoon of creamy peanut butter... tastes like apeanut butter banana milkshake (:

You can get it from Vitamon Shoppe . Its 20 something , but it makes 36 shakes (:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - $16-ish at Wal-Mart
    They also have cookie's N cream
    IMG_0118_zpsfe1720d2.jpg
  • rabbit1057
    Options
    Target Whey Protein Powder...$18.99... 2 lbs...25g protein...140 calories OR GNC Total Lean Shake $29.99...1.71 lbs...180 calories...9g of protein (per serving). I freeze strawberries, bananas & peaches~add to shake & they are thick & creamy.
  • lynsi83
    Options
    I use Body By Vi. Tastes like cake, hundreds of diff recipes. About $1.67 per shake. The forum prevents me from giving my site info though :(
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate from Walmart..THE BEST.... Vanilla and Strawberry are okay too...
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you live in the Midwest, Meijer sometimes offers a buy one, get one free deal on Body Fortress brand protein powder. That means 4 pounds of protein powder for a total of about $17 with tax. Insane!

Meijer also has a really good store brand called Bodylogix and in all honesty, that brand is probably my favorite. A bit pricier, at around $20-$22 for 2lbs., but worth it.

Full list of brands I've tried include:
    --Body Fortress (Chocolate PB - delish, especially if making a shake with a frozen banana and/or PB2 added, Strawberry - tastes great!, Cookies N' Cream - doesn't really taste like Oreos or anything, oddly, tastes more like coconut to me, but still good!, and Vanilla)
    --Bodylogix (Vanilla - awesome!)
    -- Designer Whey (Vanilla - decent, but not really my favorite, even if it only contains 100 calories/scoop)
    --Generic Meijer store brand (Chocolate and Vanilla - these are okay if you're on a tight budget, but definitely not my top pick)
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks got the one at walmart ill be trying it tonight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thanks got the one at walmart ill be trying it tonight.
    what flavour did you get, I have to admit cookies N cream is my fav and i am not one for sweets.
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just got chocolate for now.
  • spoons42
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to MFP and have been reading all the discussions on the website this weekend and I wondering what the benefits of protein powder is?

I'm looking to loose about 5-10 kgs and to really tone up, should I be using protein powder?

Thanks
    Catherine