Hello everybody - St. Louis checking in...

MrJoshuah
MrJoshuah Posts: 5 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I'm here to say it CAN be done, and I did it... last year... and got lazy. I managed to lose 40 lbs last year doing nothing but this kind of dieting, with 0 exercise (not that I recommend lack of exercise). I hate to say it, but it was my own fault for losing track of my diet and gaining :embarassed: 30 lbs back.

So here's my advice - NEVER lose sight of your goal, and understand that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you're tracking your foods to lose weight, then you're going to need to track your foods for the rest of your life.

But that leads to good news here... it isn't that hard to track your calories. It CAN be done, and it works GREAT. So you may take some time plugging your recipes into this computer once, but once it's in the database, it's in the database.

I'll be your coach - add me as a buddy - I'm a great motivator. I'll need your help too - so please help me to succeed!

Thanks everyone!

JD

Replies

• succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Hi St. Louis, please feel free to add me as a friend and I will encourage you as well! I look forward to seeing and celebrating your success!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Hello St Louis, I am just east of you in Illinois, right over the bridge practically. Anyway i also lost weight using this site last year, i lost 42lbs, got complacent and gained it all back but 9 lbs, Since logging back in to the site about 3 months ago, i am down by 48lbs.
    I also know it can be done and this time i have renewed determination, a new outlook, and am doing a few things differently. First of all as soon as i get up, finish my prayer and meditation, i log into MFP then start my coffee. I log everything the good, the bad and the ugly.
    Recently i got a little off track with my exercise but kept the eating plan going for the most part. Thank God, it didn't last long this time. I believe it had to do with my logging in and reading the inspirations from my fellow MFPers. Great support system here and this site is awesome, easy to use, database is accurate for the most part from what i see.

Lets do this once and for all. One day at at a time, and Just for today. I can do anything for 24 hours that i may not be able to do thinking in terms of long term. One day goes to two and .............. i no longer crave unhealthy foods. My tastes has changed. My thirst for exercise is back. whooo hoooo

Welcome back to life, sending friend request, i can use all the help i can get. :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.