What's your Weight-Loss Mindset?

Options
I feel like I'm that annoying kid in class who keeps asking questions, but I just discovered the forum and need answers. What I want to know is, what is your attitude/mindset to losing weight? Anything is appreciated!

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    No attitude needed. I just did it. I put together a plan and followed it.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Work out, eat healthy meals, cook a lot of your own meals, if you have an off day dont freak out continue on. As I get closer to my goal I realize that this last 30 lbs is going to be the hardest to loose. One day at a time.
  • No attitude needed. I just did it. I put together a plan and followed it.
    When I first started a year ago, that's what I did, and it was so easy. Now I just feel lost and I need direction in order to continue losing
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have found that exercise is so important in weight loss, which leads to burning more calories than you eat, which then turns to weight loss.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anything? I can only say that one day I reached a magic number on the scale, and I knew something had to change BIGTIME! I was 'coincidentally' in the middle of leading a Bible Study series "One in a million - Journey to your promised land" written by Priscilla Shirer. Now, I had taken in this study as a student a few months prior, and found it very inspiring for the personal issues I was going through at the time. This 2nd time around, though, God was starting to teach me a new concept about my health & wellness, what it would take to achieve 'promised-land living' in this lifetime for me...I had to take my eating habits and lack of physical fitness seriously. Things sort of fell into my lap as far as HOW to go about getting healthy, how to ready my body for an abundant life. I had heard about MFP previously from friends and decided it was worth a try. I set the recommended goal of 1 lb/week for 30 weeks...something very foreign to me, since I had NEVER set a weight loss goal in my 43 years of living! I had always been quite sure that the love of food that I had would be too hard to give up, so never tried. But after those gruelling first few weeks of feeling like I would surely starve, I got the hang of it - and I was losing weight! I am not a very driven person, but WHEN I decide to do something, I do it...20 weeks later, I'm still doing it :) I credit my Maker for caring to show me that there was a better way to live, and being my Partner through it all.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've learnt so much from the forums and friends here, and from the In Place of a Road Map and Eat More To Weigh Less groups particularly. I've asked a lot of questions and I have reevaluated my goals as my fitness and strength increases, as I lose weight, and as my metabolism has increased. I adjust my calorie goal daily according to my TDEE, to eat at a 15-20% deficit. My mindset is based on "Eat More To Weigh Less" - I do a lot of exercise, I eat 2000 calories a day or more. I don't believe in "bad" foods, I try to eat in moderation. I've also relaxed about losing weight slowly - some weeks I have a small loss on the scale, some weeks I have a big loss. I try to be flexible in changing my workouts to challenge myself. Weight loss is a job to me, but a holistic one, that supports me emotionally, mentally and physically. I schedule time for my workouts, I plan my meals, I am trying to get better at resting. I've relaxed about the time I want to achieve my goal weight in (I've also decided to aim for a lower goal weight), knowing I will lose weight in a time that is healthy and sustainable for my body.