love handles

Options
Im pretty close to the weight i want to but i cant get rid of these side pockets of fat any sugestions.

Replies

• alextab4
    Options
    IDK please let me know when you know.. literally my arms and legs are so skinny and toned.. but i can't get my love handles and stomach HELP
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Full body lifting program, heavy weights, very small calorie deficit (<250 cals deficit), patience and sticktoitiveness.

Don't bother with any specific exercises, supplements, diets, videos, etc that promise to "work that area". None of it works at all. Can't spot reduce fat.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This may be a bit silly, but ever since Ive been wearing high waisted jeans its as if they've squeezed the extra fat in and my 'muffin top' is almost non existent.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    This may be a bit silly, but ever since Ive been wearing high waisted jeans its as if they've squeezed the extra fat in and my 'muffin top' is almost non existent.
    It could have been loose skin that has tightened up or maybe the fat cells could have migrated. Maybe you managed to lose the fat through maintaining weight and gaining muscle. There's a lot of possibilities but for some people, the "pockets of fat" just doesn't seem to go away.

To OP: At my lowest weight, which was severely underweight, I still had a double chin that I just couldn't get rid of. You can probably tone the area through exercise but I plan on getting a lipo on my chin when I hit close to my goal. If lipo doesn't seem like an option for you, then you can compromise like this poster has suggested through clothing. High waisted jeans and shorts are amazing for love handles :) Panty hoses also tend to do the trick.