What is your favorite workout dvd?

Options
So I have been considering buying a new workout video. I have a few of the turbojams, but I have been hearing about everything from P90X to Zumba to 30 day shred. Please share with me your favorite videos...I am really looking for something new to try.

Replies

• Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is super fun! I like Jenette Jenkins Bikini bootcamp (collagevideo.com). I also really like Tonique fitness (totalfitnessdvds.com). Hth!

Laura
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Davinas super fit total body workout is my favourite at the moment
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The Bollywood Dance Workout is so much fun. Its a good 45 min cardio and kills the hips and abs.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    mine; are the old firm tapes the best...............
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Insanity is by far the toughest thing ever put out. I hate it so much - but I love what it does to me :)
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X which includes a different INTENSE workout each day, OR the Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer on days you just don't have time or have it in you to do a long workout.
    In fact a person could stick to the 10 Minute Trainer workouts a few times a week or 6 days a week. It targets all body parts.
    The 10 Minute Trainer includes Total Body, Core Cadio & Upper Body.
    First time I planned on doing only 10 minutes, it led up to me doing all 3 10 minute workouts. It's a great DVD.
    Good luck. There sure are alot of different DVD's out there. Guess you should choose by intensity and not only go for the DVD itself.
    If you've already been working out, and are familiar with weights/cardio, I would select something more intense to challenge yourself.
    If you're a beginner, I would find a beginner DVD to start with & something fun.
    I hear the Slim in 6 is wonderful and alot of women talk highly of it.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Insanity is by far the toughest thing ever put out. I hate it so much - but I love what it does to me :)

Hey, I started the P90X & heard about Insanity on www.teambeachbody.com
    Way to go. I've heard the same thing from others - they hate it but love what it does to transform their bodies.
  • diva26
    diva26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jillian micheals last chance workout. or slim in 6
  • bluehorsesjp
    Options
    I am just finishing a round of Chalene extreme, which I loved! It is mostly strength training, but most of the ciricuts are around 35-45 minutes so it fits into my schedule nicely.
    I got great results and built some really impressively toned muscles. :smile:

If you are looking for strength training this program really works. If you are a cardio junky looking for upbeat music you might look into Turbo Fire or you could do the turbo fire CLX hybrid and get the best of both worlds.
  • APerry71
    APerry71 Posts: 9
    Options
    I love the Jerri Love dvd's. She has several ones out and they are intense. They are for strenth training. She belives in lots of reps with pulses and she makes every last rep count. She kicks butt!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So far I've tried Slim in 6, 30 Day Shred, and Power 90 (videos that came before p90x). And Power 90 is my favorite by far. I've noticed a huge difference in my body and I enjoy the workouts.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO JAM! :bigsmile: It doesnt feel like exercise, and the workouts seem to go by really fast! I've tried Power 90 but the workouts were really dull, no upbeat music etc. so although I got a good workout, I never enjoyed it :yawn: I've also tried Zumba and Winsor Pilates, which are both really enjoyable too and you really get a sweat on. It depends on what type of person you are..I don't like pure cardio (running or biking) so I prefer using dance-style DVDs for my weekly exercise.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest loser cardio workout. It's tough!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    thanks i think i am going to look into jari love dvds they look awesome