The wonderful sandbag training!

I love my sandbag! Since I don't like the gym and train at home I bought one and it's one if not the best piece of equipment I've worked-out with. It works the whole body, you get your cardio and strength done in one bang and you burn tons of calories! It's really fun, too IMO.

I don't hear a lot about sandbags on here much..or anywhere for that matter and I don't know why when it is so cost-effective, takes less space, is fun, and "functional"(carrying that 30lb dog food for me now is like carrying 5lbs!) (im a girl k)

Thoughts??? Try it!

Replies

• reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    I totally agree with you.....I train with my sandbag....and I love it.....it's a great workout....I am progressively increasing the load and trying 5x5 sets of couple of effective sandbag excercises.....shoulder squats, bear hug squats and those Turkish get ups are my favourites.....Even I am quite surprised there is very less mention of sandbag training on mfp....strange! I couldn't get to the gym but wanted to lift heavy by any way possible....:)
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    I love the sandbag for that impromptu circuit training like when I'm playing basketball in the driveway. I'll take some time out to do some squats, presses or bear hugs. I can have it right outside with me.