Getting Rid of the "Mommy Pooch"

Options
How in the heck do I get rid of that "mommy pooch" you get from having a baby?

I've been doing crunches, and walking - and have had great success!! My upper abs are definately starting to come out, and I'm losing weight all over, but now I just want to get rid of a few inches off of that dreaded pooch!!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    im not a mommy...but i have that darn pooch thing too! oh gosh how i hate that!
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Ohhh - I know what you mean...I have had 2 C-Sections so I think mine is worse than someone who has had a normal delivery. A Slendertone really helped mine...didn't get rid of it but certainly tightened everything up so it looks much better.
  • krockwell
    krockwell Posts: 34
    Options
    what exactly is a slendertone? I've never heard of it before! :)
  • lbcjrc2122
    Options
    I know all about the big pooch I had triplets and my stomach got so streached out. HELP what is the slendertone I really need that. Anything to help :smile:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Sadly - we can't spot reduce fat. I would give anything to dump that tiny bit of back fat that just honestly will not go away. You can tone under any fat in your body (which is absolutely vital!) but the only way to lose fat, is a mix of cardio/weight training and nutritino.

80% nutrition - 10% exercise - 10% genetics

I see people and clients want to do crunches until they're unable to stand, but that won't get rid of belly fat. I've had amazing success by changing my macronutrients to 50% protein / 30% carbs / 20% fat. Almost all humans in our society eat way way way too low protein - women in particular in my experience eat too high carbs and way too low protein.

There are a couple other things that really play into getting rid of the last couple percents of body fat - metabolism, starvation mode, weight training and more, but at least this will get us all started right :)

The biggest thing is to keep going and not allow any plateaus to get you down. Plug away every day and you will get where you want to go!!!!

Steve
    knightfit.com
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Slendertone - a toning belt

http://www.slendertone.com/c-4-shop-women.aspx

Cut and paste this link and it will give you more info :-)
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Slendertone - a toning belt

http://www.slendertone.com/c-4-shop-women.aspx

Cut and paste this link and it will give you more info :-)

i LOVE my slendertone belt!