Progress pics....... 41.8 lbs down!

Options
wiseg2
wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
So far I have lost about 42 lbs and I still have a long way to go but I thought I'd post some progress pics.

Some before pics taken on 4/4/10 which was about a month before I began my journey. I weighed about 297 lbs.

049-1-1.jpg

048-1-1.jpg

Here's some pics from today. My journey began on 5/10/10 and I weighed 255.2 lbs as of Tuesday, 7/27. I wore the same outfit as before so its easier to compare.

002-2-1.jpg

003-2-1.jpg

Enjoy! And don't mind the mom look.

Replies

• Donnawearen
    Donnawearen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG - That's amazing - I've never lost that amount in my life!!! Well done - you're an inspiration. Any tips?

Donna
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    wow...you have done an amazing job! You can definately see a massive difference! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Brilliant well done! You can totally see the difference, especially in your arms! :bigsmile:
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Wow yes you can really tell a difference! Congratulations and well done!!! x
  • cameron_en
    cameron_en Posts: 54
    Options
    That's an incredible effort, well done!!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    To Donnawearen:

Oh just the usual stuff:
    ~ Drink your water. Its very important and will help flush out your body.
    ~ Try to exercise at least 5-6 days a week where you feel like it or not. Your health has to become a priority or its not going to work. I work out everyday of the week and I feel great. I also battle with depression and its gives me that extra boost on the days when I'm really feeling down. Usually the hardest part of exercise is getting around to doing it but eventually it becomes a habit.
    ~ Log every bite that goes into your mouth even if you're ashamed to. I'll admit that I have slipped up a few times since beginning my journey. But each day is a new day and the whole point of the food diary is to have a visual of what you're eating and to be held accountable. I make my diary public because being held accountable motivates me.
    ~ The hardest past that I've seen for a lot of people is the dreaded one month mark. This is where you think, "Okay I've been at this for awhile. Can I stick with this forever or do I want to go back to my old ways?" It was rough but I pushed past it and it gets so much easier after that (or at least for me). Of course there is still temptation and other things that make this journey tough. Now I've gotten to the point where I rarely want junk because I think of what it did to me before and how horrible I felt both phsically and emotionally. Cookies and brownies (some of the things I used to enjoy on a daily basis) are too sweet for me to eat now.
    ~ Plateaus: Everyone hits one. So be prepared to stick with it and push on through by doing things like switching up your exercise routine.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    . But each day is a new day

I totally agree with all the tips but for this one I would say each decision is a new start.

Just because your last decision may have been bad (i.e you ate that biscuit) doesn't mean your next one has to be (you can decide not to eat the rest of the packet :laugh: ).

Before I thought this way I could let having an extra slice of toast at 9am turn a day into a calorie-fest:blushing: rather than thinking well I'll have a spoon less potatoes at dinner. Since changing to the decision by decision mindset I rarely go over on calories unless its a special occasion
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wow. . you look great. you can really see the difference!! congrats!

Eileen
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow you can certainly see the difference, very well done to you. Your face and arms look so much slimmer.
    Good luck on achieving your goals, I'm sure that you'll do it. By the way your little girl is adorable, what an incentive to be a slim, fit Mum for your children. Keep up the good work, you are doing great xx
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and beautiful baby!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    WHat a difference! YOU are an inspiration! WTG! You should ve very proud of yourself!
    Your baby is beautiful! Enjoy every moment!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    Great job! Hot pants :tongue:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job!!!
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    you have done amazing, and to do it with an infant!!! fantastic:bigsmile:

btw you little one is stunnin too xx
  • MissGulla
    MissGulla Posts: 11
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!! You look awesome. I bet you are so proud of yourself...41.8lbs down is amazing. You're an inspiration to all! :):)
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can totally see the difference in your face/upper body/tummy area. Congrats! You must feel great! 41 lbs is awesome!
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great Job. And with a little one you have the energy to work out everyday...Keep it up!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    One key I have noticed is that your skin seems healthier. In the before pics you had all the bumps and bruises on your arm. But now your arms are slimmer and blimishes are no existent. Healthy food, healthy skin, and a healthy future.
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Youlook wonderful! Keep it up!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    WTG! That is ALOT of weight lost! And with a new baby, and with depression. You should be really PROUD of yourself Not only for the weight loss, but just for doing it EVERY DAY!!!! GOOD JOB!!! :)

Beautiful baby :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!