A fat man in trouble

Options
I need some help now before I give up! Its almost 4 weeks with no weight loss. I know some of you is going to say "let me see your diary"! Dont worry I have been keeping things on track. May go over on calories by 10 or 25. I thought a couple of weeeks ago I would reset some of my goals and now Im only allowed 1440 cals a day. Im on the go from the time I get out of bed 7-7:30 am to 12:12:30 at night. I dont count those burn calories cause I got my activity set to on the go. But for some reason I dont feel as if it enough food considering I have at times been feeling really hungry and I have been eating every 3 hours or so. Im drinking 10 - 15 glasses of water a day. Yes I do work out 3 days a week but the past three weeks I have been sick with at first was a cold then it was a sinuse infection. Still since I havnt been excerising and watching what I have eaten I should still be seeing a few pounds lost. Help me please!

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I would suggest you look at WHAT you are eating as well as the number of calories you are consuming. Are most of your foods fresh, not processed? Sodium is often a culprit as well as hidden sugar. Eating the right kind of calories does affect your body and how it fuels itself, so often it is more than subtracting out 3500 calories a week for 1 pound of loss; at least that is what I have learned on my 8 month journey and after reading many an article about a healthier lifestyle. So without knowing a lot about what you are eating, when you are eating it, in combination with what other foods, I just encourage you to continue to choose to follow a healthy program. To feed the hunger you are feeling, try eating even more frequently by adding small servings of nuts and fruits into your day, or enjoy some rolled up lean meat with some cheese. If you are eating less, working out and drinking water, it does sound like you should be experiencing some weight loss, so can understand your frustration; just don't give up as that will get you nowhere!
  • randyfraser
    Options
    if you are serious about not going over your calorie goal then the only thing that comes to mind id the lack of exercise...i know myself if I don't move than neither does the scale. hope this helps and don't give up the weight will come off
  • horchler
    horchler Posts: 10
    Options
    I would say before you give up on the system, get back on the exercise horse. Also, verify what your entering in for what you eat. I have noticed great variability on things in the system for calories included. I tend to go with the higher calorie choice just to play it safe. Also, 15 glasses of water sounds like a lot. Are you intaking a lot of salt? That could cause your body to retain quite a bit of that water.

Hopefully this helps, but stick with it.
  • biggshines
    biggshines Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    dude just keep at it i also am a fat man i have lost 80 lbs and i still wiegh 308 but keep going i count all my activity because that activity burns cals you hae to count them i do 1500 cals a day and ride my bike or walk the dog i have had a 3 wk flat line no loss butt no gain so keep it up fight
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    1440 is a very low caloric intake for a man. What is your goal loss per week, and you maintenance calories prior to this goal. From what I am seeing is that you are not eating enough. If you are set to active or light active your caloric intake should be closer to 2000, even with a deficit to loose weight.

PS your profile is set to female therefore the site is giving you less calories than you need for the same weight loss.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You might try changing your goal to lose 1 pound a week, changing your lifestyle to sedentary, and really watching your sodium and fat intake. I understand your frustration. With exercise, I was having a hard time losing at first. Then I dropped 4 pounds in one week. Our bodies do that to us. It's almost like they're waiting to see if we're serious. You may not lose any for several weeks and then you may drop a lot. It will eventually even out if you stick with it and don't give up. Another thing that helps me is actually balancing my meals. I try to have a carb, a protein, a milk, and a fruit or vegetable with each meal.