Logging at Christmas

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I log. I have a little of everything I want, and I don't worry too much if I go over. It's not really about what you do on Thanksgiving and Christmas though, it's about what you do day in and day out the other 363 days per year.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So about the holidays, we go to my mother in law at thanksgiving and I plan on logging even if I go over. I won't go crazy but I do plan on eating and the same with Christmas.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'd log it and not care abou the consumption unless it gets out of hand. That said, I do exercise during the holidays so I do have a bit of a cushion

Only during the holidays?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've been here 960 consecutive days. I have probably only skipped logging food a total of 20 days during that time. That included about 1 1/2-2 weeks after my brain surgery and a few days recently where I was just too wiped out. Log at Christmas.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself ill watch how much I eat on Christmas but then I get a beer placed in one hand and a cookie in the other....then all bets are off. But I don't even like the turkey dinner that much, I just stuff my face because I can...so i'm going to try and not eat like a crazy person. My gift to myself will be being able to button my pants the next day. :)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    wont be logging xmas day, boxing day and new years eve! xmas day cause am just gonna have little treats but not go crazy. on boxing day (does anywhere else but the uk have boxing day?) my grandad died 9 years ago this boxing day so to celebrate we always have a nice meal and a drink :) hard day but we get through it as a family! Then of course celebrating a new year!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought that far ahead ;)

Christmas here is in the middle of Summer, so that means pool, drinks, cold meats, bbq and salads. I think I can manage with that. I don't generally eat the dessert/sweet items anyway, but I don't mind the occasional sweet biscuit or snack.

Beckieboomoo, we having Boxing Day here in Australia :)

Fitting in the time to exercise will be more of a challenge. I'm working on that!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    For me I dont celebrate christmas at all, but even if I did.... it's just another day in terms of eating & dont see it as an excuse to go stupid with food.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    too many people worry about the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas, when they should worry more about the time between Christmas and Thanksgiving.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I do not log on christmas or other special occasions, but you're talking about taking a few weeks off. Will you gain weight? Most likely. Any holiday is not a chance to take a few weeks off and go crazy. Although I don't count calories, I still try to eat in moderation. I only have 1 plate at dinner, and a small piece of dessert. I don't go back for seconds and I try to eat a light breakfast/lunch to allow for all the added calories at dinner. I also don't eat the appetizers and try to load my dinner plate up with at least 1/2 veggies. So although I'm not counting, I'm definitely conscious of what I'm eating and trying to make healthy decisions.

I also usually work out that day too. Give myself some extra calories to eat.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought that far ahead ;)

Christmas here is in the middle of Summer, so that means pool, drinks, cold meats, bbq and salads. I think I can manage with that. I don't generally eat the dessert/sweet items anyway, but I don't mind the occasional sweet biscuit or snack.

Beckieboomoo, we having Boxing Day here in Australia :)

Fitting in the time to exercise will be more of a challenge. I'm working on that!

i want a summer christmas! :) and yup fitting in exercise gonna be hard my parents arent together neither are my bf parents so 4 families to fit in to such a short time!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm weak and I seriously fear that if I allowed myself "time off" that I'd have H to pay getting back my discipline. For me my problems with food are very similar to any other addiction I don't need the temptation. If I eat sugar, I want MORE sugar. If I eat fried or fatty foods, then I want MORE. I began this weight loss effort last year just before Thanksgiving and I made it through the holidays with goals met. Personally I felt that this strengthened my resolve and boosted my confidence that yes, I can do this! I certainly don't criticize anyone who does have control but I wouldn't have weighed more than 330 pounds if I had much. I suppose the best answer is to know yourself and act accordingly.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last year, I was at around 55 lbs lost at Christmas with about 35-40 to go. I logged. I worked hard to get where I was and I didn't want to blow it. I let myself have everything I wanted, but logging helped keep me accountable and stopped me from having too much of a good thing...I made it through, and although the losses slowed for a few weeks , I didn't gain , and I was able to get back to losing right away. It was a nice break, and helped to to see that you can have your cake, and eat it too... only just keep it to one serving, lol. Now, I'm at maintenance, and the same rules apply. :D That's to point of all this. Learning how to live every day, including Christmas, enjoy life, and eating good food, all while staying healthy and keeping my weight under control. One day at a time.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Did I say this already? If not, HUMBUG!

I just got my dang Party City costume catalog in the mail. Let's talk about Halloween.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I logged them. I went over. But I knew how much over I was, so I could work it off later.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for logging today. I will worry about Christmas, on Christmas. :flowerforyou:
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas that much...just a regular meal on Thanksgiving, and maybe I'll bake one cake at Christmas, so it's not much of a problem around our house, lol.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Just like last year, I'll be logging every day to make sure I'm eating enough - Christmas for me means working 7 days a week, frequently 12 hour shifts. No time to party, and both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in my house are actually decently healthy - turkey and lots of steamed/roasted vegetables.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm logging. But I'm blowing my calorie goal out of the water.

I just got my dang Party City costume catalog in the mail. Let's talk about Halloween.

Yes, let's.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    If I eat / drink it, then I log it. Everyday.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, parties, special occassion I definetely go over. no surprise. I just don't go way way over.

That's ok, 'cause there's plenty of other days (got 365 every year!), ie most days I hit my macros or am under.