Weekend Support...

Options
Once my alarm goes off on Friday morning I loose all energy. I get lazy and dont want to move. I used to get up Saturday and Sunday morning and walk 6-9 miles and do strength training but since a break up, who I did all this with, its been hard to kick start my weekend workouts!
I need ideas, motivation and support and I know im not alone.
Ideas.
To Do LIsts
WHATEVER! :smile:
I have to conquer this.

Replies

• kaavery120188
    kaavery120188 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just some thoughts...
    -I try and get my weekend workouts in FIRST THING in the monring, that way I don't even have time to think about how much I don't want to work out.
    -I also set my workout clothes out in the living room so I just have to throw them on (even if I'm half asleep).
    -Crank up the tunes! The right music always gets me motivated to pick up the pace
    -Maybe try an early morning class? My gym offers early morning yoga classes. They are a pretty good workout and actually relaxing.
    -Plan out your workouts on a calendar. Sort of like a to do list, you'll feel accomplished when you mark it off.

Good luck, you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well, you could volunteer to coach or coordinate a kid's running team at a local elementary or middle school or church or wherever. That's what I do. Once that starts up it doesn't really matter how you feel, if you promise those kids you'll be out there at 8am on Saturday, you'll have your *kitten* out there at 8am on Saturday and you'll pretend to be sunshiney even if you feel like crap.

And a side note. Don't let that person take this away from you. This is your life, your ticket, and your story. Write it the way you want because you, my friend, you are worth it.