Pumpkin Protien muffins

Options
trackme
trackme Posts: 239 Member
I just came across this recipe and thought I'd share for the fall season and beyond. I haven't tried them yet but sounds promising!

Pumpkin Protein Muffins

Ingredients (makes about 6 muffins)

1 cup 100% pumpkin puree (I used the kind from a can)
1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (optional)

Directions

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and add in pumpkin puree. Mix well until smooth, then pour into a well-greased cupcake tin or any other baking tray. Bake at around 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Ideas for additional add-ins: chopped walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, cranberries, honey, or all of the above :-) Top with Greek yogurt for an even better treat!

Replies

• 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It is great! and the recipe is making its rounds! I came across it several days ago, made i,t gave 1/2 away cause everyone loved them . Ingredients are back on my grocery list for this week to make them again!! Ooops, this is not the same recipe I got off of here. This is the one I saw & tried:
    Pumpkin Protein Muffins

These are only 86 calories (may vary according to your protein powder), 8 carbs, 1 fat, and 11 protein! This makes 12 muffins.

Preheat oven to 375F

Combine:

-1 cup of oatmeal processed in a blender/food processor into flour. *1 cup BEFORE it is processed, it will be less afterwards*
    - 5 scoops of vanilla protein powder. * I have done a mixture of chocolate and vanilla before and that was great too*
    - 1 tsp Baking Powder
    - 1 tsp of cinnamon *This is an estimate. I just throw spices in until I like the taste. *
    - 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice * Again, an esitmate. Adjust to your liking.*
    - Egg whites from 3 large eggs.
    -1 cup of Libby's pure pumpkin
    - 1/2 cup of no sugar added apple sauce

1/4 Cup slivered or sliced ( Toast on stove top) (optional)

1) Mix all dry indg together Well .2) mix all liquids together mix well. 3) pour liquid into dry and mix well with beaters.

4) Aluminum cupcake holders in muffin tins. Fill evenly til all 12 are full using all of the batter

Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes depending on

I will have to try your recipe too! thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • trackme
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up and additional recipe....with oatmeal, all the better!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump for later, sounds awesome
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, they both sound great! :bigsmile:
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Making these this weekend! Thanks for sharing.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just opened a can of pumpkin for my oatmeal this morning - now I know what to use the rest for. Will try later today and let you know how it goes.
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    mri5.jpg

Here are mine - I used the recipe from the second post with protein powder, however, I only used 2 scoops. They are good! My cook time was more like 18 min.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Sounds excellent -- saving for later!
  • trackme
    Options
    mri5.jpg

Here are mine - I used the recipe from the second post with protein powder, however, I only used 2 scoops. They are good! My cook time was more like 18 min.

Looks yum, I think I will try them this way as well....
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have seen the 2nd recipe before but was leery of making them because they hadn't gotten very good reviews from the few people that had tried them in the forum. But sounds like I need to give it a go. I only have chocolate protein powder right now though and will probably try only a few scoops as well. I'm hoping to get this done this weekend so I will definitely come back and report if I make it happen.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy.
  • trackme
    Options
    As I couldn't find arrowroot I substituted cornstarch. These were not bad if you wanted to eat your protein instead of drink it and it was easy to put together. Smelled good baking! These are not sweet...taste your batter before baking. I used muscle tech advanced whey protein.

147cal, 13carb, 1F, 21Protein.... your mileage may vary.
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    These are in the oven now - these were easy and the house smells delicious! Can't wait to try them. Thank you!!
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump for later. sounds great.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!