metabolic assessment.. ever had it done?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone here on MFP has had a metabolic assessment done before, and if so, did you find it helpful? I'm really motivated to do this all the right way, this time, and I want to make sure I'm properly fueling my body to the best of my ability.

I know there are other ways to go about this, but I want to get the most accurate measure there is possible.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I went to a research lab at the local university hospital system and had my body fat tested (via Bod Pod) and my RMR tested. Very useful information. I've had my body fat tested twice now and hope to get both retested in the next couple of months. The results of my RMR test were surprising - much higher than I thought it would be. About 10% higher than online calculator estimates.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i have had my RMR tested twice and found it to be very helpful.. based off of the information, my trainer calculated the amount of calories i should aim for on days when exercising as well as days that i do not exercise in order to lose weight.