1 stone in 2 weeks?!

Options
I started at 18st 3lbs and I am now 17st 2lbs. I've been eating the types of foods I usually eat but watching my calorie/fat intake and making sure I'm under the calorie allowance given... I think my scales are broken! They were really expensive too.

Am I a freak or are my scales telling me fibs?

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It iiis possible at first. It'll DEFINITELY slow down but perhaps the change in calorie intake has really jolted something!

Have you been exercising more, as well?
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    It is entirely possible. When my Mum started Weight Watchers she lost 9lb the first week and 7.5lb the second before settling to a steady 2 to 4 lb a week. A lot of it will be due to your body losing fluids (in a good way) because of the healthy eating.

Keep up the good work!
  • amieclaire
    Options
    No I've barely done any exercise apart from doing about 2 hours of housework everyday! That's why I'm so shocked!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Actually 2 hours of housework equals about 350 calories, per the exercise page, under "cleaning, ..."
    I bet your house sparkles every day. I primarily dance around the house! ;):drinker: (water)
    Congratulations on a fabulous start!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Well done you, don't knock it. How I envy you has taken me nearly 8 weeks to lose 6lbs despite my doc putting me on or near 1000 calories per day & I do loads of swimming!
  • amieclaire
    Options
    My house is immaculate because I have nothing else to do! Haha. And yes, water is all I drink nowadays :(

batty5, I started dieting about 6 months ago and fell off the wagon because I didn't shift any weight! I really don't know why it's happened this time. But good luck :)