Pet peeves and petty annoyances

Options
1235»

Replies

• JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1- Someone who says "Um" or "Like" about 15 times in one sentence..... Could ya just get to the point?!?!?!
    2- Procrastination
    3- Laziness
    4- Someone who thinks it is required or "cooool" to use every single cuss word known to man in a conversation (I use them some, but I don't have to have them to get a point across or make a statement...)
    5- KNOW IT ALLS and those that put othes down just because they don't know something and ask questions to find out (tend to find a LOT of this in the fitness world)
    6- THE WORST ONE -- when someone is trying to talk to me while I'M working out -- dude, I am on a mission of health, don't break my concentration or bug me!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The people who take the electric carts around Walmart because they're lazy. But they'll get up and walk to grab the twinkies. But try and run you over in the aisle! I understand some people legitimately need them. But where I live, trust me, the people that use them don't need them. o.O

Yes, and also people who leave shopping carts in their parking space or by their car and won't walk the 5 steps to put it in a rack so it's out of everyone's way.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ppl who play with their tongue piercing. arrrrrrrrrrr
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The use of 'if' in an apology, e.g.

"If I offended you, I'm sorry".

In my opinion, it invalidates the apology.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options

OR there's -

"I'm sorry you feel that way about what I said" - what? don't apologize for my feelings, apologize for you being a douche bag!

Also - when someone keeps apologizing but keeps doing the same thing - like customer service people -
    "thank you for waiting, I apologize for your wait, if you could please hold again..." REALLY! Just stop and let me know how long this is going to take. I'll pencil you in for the 4 hours it will take to update my account and you can stop apologizing. I'll even bring a book or internet for the wait so I can entertain myself.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ppl who play with their tongue piercing. arrrrrrrrrrr

I got a tongue piercing for exactly one reason.
    One.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't get that. An apology costs nothing, and if delivered properly, the receiver won't even know if you don't mean it...