5 weeks, I need new exercises!

Options
In 5 weeks I will be in my best friends wedding. With a tight dress I wanna make sure I look GREAT. I'm tired of my Jillian Michael's DVDS and want something else. I just don't know what to do. Full time working mom and trying to get in shape is tough enough... but I think I need to get out of the house instead of spending 30 mins in my room with Jillian haha. Any ideas??

Ps. I'm not a runner, I've tried to talk myself into liking it but the last time I ran was when I did my first 5K and probably won't ever do it again!

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Have you considered lifting? It's a great way to burn fat and possibly build a little muscle definition. Stronglifts 5x5 and New Rules of Lifting for Women are both highly recommended on this site.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I second lifting. If you can't get to a gym or have access to a bench, rack and bar, then look into a body weight resistance training program. Fitnessblender.com has some good stuff.
  • elioguida
    elioguida Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will strongly recommend you FOCUS T25, with commitmente of that half an hour per day, you´ll be able to see results in just the firt week.
  • sharkface1247
    Options
    I have been doing Body Rock for 3 weeks now, and it's perfect...fast, challenging, and always mixed up so you don't get tired of the same old thing. Plus they have a variety of trainers. Note: it's a work up to it kind of program. You just do what you can do until you are doing the same as them or better! and it's free! :smile: http://www.dailyhiit.com/

Good luck!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Try an exercise app. I use Sworkit.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Lifting and HIIT.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Lifting, heavy, 3X a week, rinse and repeat.

Rigger