headaches!!

Options
Hi there i've been on this for nearly a week now, i was just wondering if anyone else suffers with headaches in the first few weeks.
I'm not sure if its caffiene withdrawal etc. ??
Thanx everyone

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Could be. If I cut out sugar completely, I get sugar withdrawal headaches.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It maybe, but I would ask, why are you cutting out caffeine?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I did. I had headaches and some serious moodswings due to cutting out my snack foods.

Sugar is a drug I tell ya...
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I get headaches ALL the time, but I am convinced my are just due to being excessively overweigh and putting all that stress on my body... and working on a computer all day. I do find if I cut out caffiene I get terrible headaches... especially if you were taking diet pills or supplements... the headache the next day can be terrible. I can also come from dehydration or 'starving' yourself. If you change your habits too drastically, your body gets a little shocked because it feels deprived - headaches are a common symptom of that.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    During school I would drink so much coffee, when I decided to start eating healthy, the coffee i was drinking had to go, man did I have the worst headaches for days! It eventually went away, hope you feel better.
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanx for your relpies, i haven't intentionally cut out caffiene it just sems to have happened as the milk in it and the sugar all add up....(and i so can't drink it if it hasn't got sugar and whole milk) i've swapped for green tea and honey, i love it so refreshing!!
    Can anyone suggest anything to add into my diet to try and relieve them a bit thats not loaded with cals??
    Thanx again. x
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    If you want coffee for your source, use evaporated fat free milk instead of whole milk. If you just want a source of caffeine, then perhaps a diet cola with it would do the trick? Or up your dose of tea (since many greens have caffeine.)?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    If it caffiene related you can try black tea with honey. Doesn't have as many health benefits as gree tea though. But green tea does have some caffiene in it.

It is not uncommon for people to get headaches from carb withdrawl (any type of sugar really). It should ease within a few days. I eat Kids Cliff bars (~120 calories) as a snack when I get them and it helps a lot.

Good Luck.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've had them too but I did when I got pregnant and cut caffeine out of my diet and since my rule is nothing else to drink until the 8 glasses of water are down ... there isn't much sugar in my diet hence, the headaches are back. I'll be glad when my body adjusts and they go away cause I hate biting people's heads off just cause I have a headache.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you are able to take asprin products try and Excedrin, they have a little caffine in them. They can help with the pain, and assist you in weaning off the caffine. Take 2 the first day, 1 Excedrin and a regular asprin the 2nd, and then just regular asprin after that.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    I had an incredible 'withdraw' response this time. About 7 days in I found myself shaking, feeling like I was about to keel over and die to be honest. I felt a bit wobbly for a few days afterwards but Less than a day later I felt much better and since then I've not had it again. Something you've taken out of your diet has reacted badly with your system that's all.

Though if you do find yourself still feeling the same in 2 or 3 days time then go see a doc.
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee all day every day. I too cannot drink coffee without some sweetness in it. All the creamers added a lot of extra calories and not to mention are horrible on the teeth. I started cutting back about 2 months ago. I stated out with drinking a glass of water for every cup of coffee. This helped cut back slowly. I tried stopping cold turkey and it did not go well. The sudden withdrawl of caffiene gave me horrible headaches, so I opted to slowly cut back. Now I have a cup of coffee in the morning, and for the majority of the day I drink water. If I really get a bad craving for the caffiene, I have a small cup of coffee and seem to be fine. By cutting back slowly, I noticed that I did not get the extreme headaches. Good luck to you!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Be sure to drink tons of water. I can help flush out anything in your system plus has a ton of other benefits. If you are dehydrated, it can cause headaches. I found this site with more info: http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/benefits-of-drinking-water.html
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Headaches definitely are withdrawal symptoms of caffeine for sure and sugar or anything else bad you've cut down on. They should be gone in a few days. Drink lots of water and keep your eyes on the prize!
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Although I quit Pepsi (my only source of caffeine) cold turkey initially, I didn't get headaches from it or the sugar withdrawal. I was drinking nearly a 2 liter a day previously.

I've had a few headaches of late, and I've had a small bit of Pepsi to try to combat it, but it hasn't helped. And now, I can't drink more than 6-8 ounces of it. I'm going to pay closer attention to my diet, and also start logging my headaches to see if I can find a pattern. Mine have actually been more frequent/worse since I had heat exhaustion a few weeks ago, which also caused a 3 day migraine.

Hope you feel better!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thanx for your relpies, i haven't intentionally cut out caffiene it just sems to have happened as the milk in it and the sugar all add up....(and i so can't drink it if it hasn't got sugar and whole milk) i've swapped for green tea and honey, i love it so refreshing!!
    Can anyone suggest anything to add into my diet to try and relieve them a bit thats not loaded with cals??
    Thanx again. x

I buy Ocean Spray Diet juices. Blueberry Pomegranite isn't that bad. It's easy on the carbs and low on the calories.

During the week for work, I have Crystal Light Pure Fitness (I buy that kind in particular because it uses sucralose as a sweetener instead of aspartame). Grape is 15 calories, Strawberry Kiwi is 30. I do one of each daily. It makes me feel full and it tastes pretty good.