Please help me

Options
Dear Friends, Will you please take a look at my food diary and give me any suggestions as to how to do things differently? I am getting really frustrated, I have done AWESOME this week and the last 2 days I have gained on the scale. I know that the scale doesn't mean much to some people but it does to me and I am feeling somewhat bloated with TOM still a couple of weeks away. Please help me :( What a terrible Friday morning.

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I see that there is no water logged for (at least) yesterday's diary. Do you just not log it?
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I only looked at your food diary, but a few things are obvious to me. You need to eat more calories for breakfast (like 400-500)! This should be your heaviest carb meal of the day. Your overall daily calorie count seems way too low as well. Your body is going to hold onto that fat/weight, if it feels like it's being starved. Keep that metablism zooming all day by eating healthy, balanced foods all day.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    the only thing I thought maybe was your carbs.,.,i try to stay under my carbs as much as possible. I know for me that is where i gain weight.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I looked at a few days of your food diary and it doesn't look like you went overboard anywhere, actually you had calories left at the end of the day. Maybe you just hit a blip in the process or need to try doing something different for exercise? I've been told if you do the same thing all the time you'll plateau .. not sure if that helps but good luck.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would add more vegetables and fruits. For example: bfst - bagels or cereal. Perfect time to add fruit. Or for lunch - instead of just ham and bread how about lettuce tomato, etc. or a salad and 1/2 sandwich instead? You'll be fuller and eating healthier. Instead of processed foods, go for wholesome foods.
  • tina_011794
    Options
    Two things that strike me when I look at your food diary. First, you need to make sure you are eating at least 1200 calories. If not, your body will think it is starving and you will stop loosing weight. The second factor I see is that many of the items you are eating metabolizes into sugar, all the bread type items. I can eat my 1200 calories and exercise, but not loose, because of this type of diet. I just changed out my bread to sprout bread and I am trying to avoid bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice. By doing this, I lost two pounds last week.

Hope this helps.
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed is that your Sodium is usually a little above you limit. If you aren't drinking enough water to flush your system, then you're going to retain water and that will add a few pounds. Try to cut out some sodium and up your water intake.

Don't get discouraged...it's not easy, but try to keep a positive mindset. And good luck to you :)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I would recommend trying to decrease your sodium intake. Maybe finding low sodium lunch meats will help. Try eating a little more. Sometimes if we eat to little our body will hold on to the fat because it thinks it might need it for later.

I agree with another person that breakfast should be a little bigger. That is how you get your metabolism reved up for the day.

Otherwise looks good.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Oh gaining a bit from day to day is nothing to be concerned about. If the weight gain sticks around for 7-10 days or more, then it's likely a real 'gain', otherwise, it's probably just some water retention (assuming you are eating at a deficit, which it appears you are).

I can't see how you aren't absolutely starving though...can you throw in some veggies here and there? :bigsmile:
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    My suggestion would to eat some more. You should shot for 1600 calories without the adding of extra calories for exercise. Plus, More exercise. And always go for wheat bread! Anything you eat, you want it to have low sugar. If sugar is listed within the 3 first ingredients, then skip it because that means it's mostly made of sugar/and or high fructose corn syrup. Plus, the more fresh you can eat the better. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. So, with snacks, pick fruits most of the time! I hope this helps!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Well, the 2 things that stuck out to me were 1. It seems like you eat a lot of processed foods-I would really try to cut back on things that come in packages at the store-no matter how "healthy" they seem. and 2. Each meal/snack should really be a balance of protein/carb/fat and it seems like you are lacking a lot in the protein. Making myself have protein (I wasn't a big fan of meat or dairy) with each meal/snack has helped a lot. Like when you eat a banana, eat a cheese stick with it, or eat greek yogurt which has a great balance all in one cup, If you eat a bar of any kind, just make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar (especially high fructose corn syrup) and is made with whole grains and if it doesn't have a high protein count, then eat something with it that does. Good luck!!
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    It seems to me that your sodium is high due to processed foods. I also agree with others about a bigger breakfast.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I would stay a little closer to your goal- you went way under yesterday, and that's a bad habit to get into because it can slow your metabolism. I agree with the bigger breakfast. You want to eat a hearty breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a smaller dinner. That way you are eating the bulk of your food earlier in the day, when you have more time to burn it off. Best of luck to ya... Oh and drink LOADS of water!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The things that stand out the most to me are your daily sodium intake as well as your daily carb intake. Try to incorporate more healthy fats and protein in your diet. They increase satiety and aid in weight loss. The sodium, well, yeah, a lot of people here have already chimed in on that one. Best way to lower sodium is to reduce your processed food intake.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You're not eating anything! That's why you're not losing weight. MFP gives you a calorie limit that's already under your base metabolic rate. If you even go a little above that, you're STILL at a calorie deficit.

You also need WAY more protein. Cereal is not breakfast. It's a super quick sugary carb burn that's gone in a half hour or less, leaving you starving an hour after you ate. Did you know that 2 large eggs is only around 140 calories? And you'll be full much longer than on cereal alone. If you need to watch your cholesterol, use Egg Beaters or just the whites, but you need to get more protein into your diet. I looked at your foods for today, and literally ALL you have eaten is processed carbs, and on top of that, very few calories.

I'm not going to scream too much about processed foods, since most (or at least a lot) of us eat them because of a busy lifestyle or just convenience. Just try to make the best choices you can.

Also, a cranberry nut muffin from Perkins isn't lunch. On no planet is that a smart meal choice. It's literally nothing but sugar, fat, and carbs. If you ate out there, I know they have a light menu, and if you bought it to eat for later, eating it halves or even quarters as part of another meal or a snack would have been a much better choice than eating it for lunch. Your meals should be meals, which means as balanced as you can make them, between protein, good fats, and carbs.