MFP App and BeachBody Workouts

Options
I know many of you (myself included) are doing some form of workout program via DVD. I chose Beach Body for this example since it's one of the more popular vendors at this time. I personally do P90X, Insanity and Hip Hop Abs in varying combinations.

My real question though, is how are people registering these workouts in MFP? Currently, I am using the generic "Circuit Training - General" entry, but I don't think this really does it justice. Has anyone come up with tables that can be used to add custom entries into MFP for a more legitimate calories burned count? Maybe a P90X - High, Med, Low Intensity with varying calculations since people work out at varying levels. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• JENNTF
    JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The only real way to know is wear a HRM. Everyone is different as in gender, age, strength ability, and weight so there is not real way to know unless you wear one. Doesn't have to be anything really expensive, but it would definitely give you a better calculation as to what you are burning.

Thanks Jenn
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    let's not over think this. just log them as cardio, circuit training or aerobics. it's really not that complicated.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    let's not over think this. just log them as cardio, circuit training or aerobics. it's really not that complicated.

^This

Then adjust your calories based on results