Help - I'm going to TGIFridays tonight - What should I order

Options

Replies

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Last time I went I had fajitas.. only ate two on the tortillas then just ate some of the chicken on its own. I am in the UK but imagine they are same across the world.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    im supposed to go out to eat today also and im like dredding the menu. i dont want to subject myself to the temptation.
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options

They have this amazing carribean chicken meal, it's steamed veggies, jasmine rice and two small grilled chicken breats with mango salsa and sauce. It's so amazing and good for you, too :)
  • chailey70
    chailey70 Posts: 10
    Options

They have this amazing carribean chicken meal, it's steamed veggies, jasmine rice and two small grilled chicken breats with mango salsa and sauce. It's so amazing and good for you, too :)
    I've had this and it was amazing and surprisingly filling! Just avoid the filler snacks like chips and such. Ya gotta treat yourself every now and then. Enjoy.
  • JillieHobbs
    Options
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Forget it. I'm going to ask my friend if she minds going to Applebees instead. We should all patronize the restaraunts that are kind enough to provide us with nutritional information!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    im supposed to go out to eat today also and im like dredding the menu. i dont want to subject myself to the temptation.

You can virtually have whatever you want!

Some tips that I adhere to while dining out:

1) Avoid the bread basket like the plague! A roll or slice of white bread with butter is a calorie BOMB!

2) WATCH PORTIONS! I am personally not comfortable with the "box half up at the begining of the meal" tip. I DO cut the meal in half right off the bat and make sure I only eat half.

3) I read somewhere (wish I had the source!) that everyone experiences the "fork down" moment. To a lot of people, it's just a break, they take a drink, take a breath and they continue eating. It's actually your brain telling you you're full! Listen to you body! At your fork down moment, KEEP THE FORK DOWN. Ask for the to-go box then.

4) Limit alcohol drinks to one or none. Go ahead, enjoy that glass of wine. JUST THE ONE and nurse it. I usually order a glass of something I've never tried that's a little more expensive. It reminds me to savor the taste.

5) Don't deprive yourself! Eating out is a social thing and you should enjoy it and yourself! You work hard with diet and exercise. Prove to yourself you have will power. :bigsmile:
  • ttcm515
    ttcm515 Posts: 8
    Options
    I went to the other week and they have a shrimp and salmon meal. I asked for double veggies and no "scampi" dressing on my fish and shrimp. They just grilled it and it was good. I just looked up the calories for the veggies and the 6 shrimp and salmon. Its your choice but please enjoy you don't do it everyday. Although, I would probably do applebees too.
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Forget it. I'm going to ask my friend if she minds going to Applebees instead. We should all patronize the restaraunts that are kind enough to provide us with nutritional information!

I refuse to eat there since the restaurant does not provide real nutritional information. I'm waiting to have my gallbladder removed and am on a very low-fat diet, and TGI Fridays is completely unhelpful to people with dietary issues.

Most other chains have really detailed information, thankfully.