water.

Options
So was thinking. They say water is really good for u and ure skin and you should drink 8 glasses a day. Well I really cant stand waterso wondered, would it still have the same effect if you drank it with some diluting juice?

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend anything with a high sugar content, but lots of people use a lemon or lime wedge in their water.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, FFS.

Just make sure you stay hydrated.
  • bestjuneever
    bestjuneever Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't love water or anything. I just know I have to drink it. It's the best liquid out there!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Yes. I choose double strength no added sugar.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh, FFS.

^QFT
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    add fruit. I hate water but its all I drink now.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would suggest just sucking it up and drinking water and nothing else and you will learn to like it. Once you get hydrated and feel healthier you'll associate water with feeling good.

However, if you are super insistent on not drinking it plain, there are water additives that aren't exactly the healthiest for you (chemicals and such) like Mio or Crystal Light that are zero calories you can try.

Just make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of water a day or more.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need enough liquid for your urine to be pale yellow. Doesn't have to be water although you won't find a better no calorie beverage. You can drink coffee, tea, juice, milk, soup, soda, or eat fruits and veggies to get enough hydration. Did you know an apple is 85% water? Most people don't like water because we're so used to everything having flavor or being fizzy. I bet if you stopped drinking flavored things and only drank water for a week you'd find out you don't dislike it.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've never get people saying they don't like water... what's to like about it? Try adding some lime juice.... Or maybe you can make a huge batch of green tea and keep it in the fridge...
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    just be sure to measure and log the juice calories.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I really disliked drinking water. I had constant headaches, like every 3rd day, and my pee was like tango! (sorry guys n gals!)

Been on my journey now for 4 months. Now I love water. I've had 2 headaches in that time and my pee is clearer. That's just me I know but the benefits are endless.

I have some with diluted juice sometimes there's certainly nothing wrong with that but just drink as much as you can. So what if you can't drink 8 glasses just drink 3/4 to start with and you'll become accustomed to it and you'll drink more.

Hope this helps.
  • lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No need for ffs. Was a simple question just wanted opinions no need for the flaming. I dont mind drinking bottled water must have something in it to give it a taste of something. Its the tap water I cant stand.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    dilute it with whiskey, yum.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Get a water filter for your tap? We used to have funky water and used Brita pitchers as well. I hope you find a solution that works for you because water starts to get kind of awesome once you start drinking it more often.
  • Krista916
    Options
    If tap water is really yucky for you and you can handle filtered, try a Brita pitcher. I am a spoiled brat when it comes to water and only drink bottled, so I know what you mean.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Don't blame you. Tap water tastes bad to me too. Brita is a good idea. Or adding lemon or cucumber to the water, and keep the picher in the fridge.
  • lalacroft25
    Options
    I think I will look into brita. Im trying to cut out caffine as well. But dont want to do too much too soon. So just reducing it gradually atm. Think ill have a look n asda n see how muvh their bottled water is also. Mght be heap enough that I can just drink bottled water plain but if I have a coffee or juice I can just usw tap water
  • lalacroft25
    Options
    I think I will look into brita. Im trying to cut out caffine as well. But dont want to do too much too soon. So just reducing it gradually atm. Think ill have a look n asda n see how muvh their bottled water is also. Mght be heap enough that I can just drink bottled water plain but if I have a coffee or juice I can just usw tap water
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh, FFS.

You made me LOL... now people are looking at me.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    What about herbal tea? There are so many flavors!