Hello my name is Kosia-156lb 4'11 wanting to loose 30lb

I am 40yrs old (no kids yet although i love them dearly) 4'11 and 156 pounds - 34D-33-45, i let myself go after i got a new job which was so demanding i was coming getting home at 9pm and eating around that time. I packed 36 pounds in over a short period of time. After coming home at 12 midnight twice in a row due to work load, i quit my job - I want to take time off to just think of what i want to do next, most likely never again a 9-5, so as i am home i am trying to take off the extra pounds.

I dont want to be skinny, I just want to loose at least 36lb and look fit and toned for my height. I am looking wobly slowly but surely and i dont like it.

Most of my weight is in my 45 inch butt and my thighs (like the most of us). My thighs has to go. The easiest part of my body for me to loose weight is my abs i am 33 waist and within 6 weeks can easily get it to 24-26 if i put my mind to it and even a 6 pack if i push harder for 10weeks- thats always been easy peacy for me luckily.

THE HARDEST PART OF MY BODY TO LOOSE WEIGH IS MY DAMN THUNDER THIGHS. Aarrrgghhhh my thighs. lawd help me.

I have started off doing Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk with 2.5 lb ankle weight bands - at a 3.5 mph - no pause whatsoever. I do this 6 times week. i dont own a HRM yet but i will invest in one soon. Budget is only $50.

I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet and now eating rice only on saturdays (am a tilda basmati rice addict, thats my weakness - WHITE RICE). I eat 3 times a day now and try to squeeze in 3 snacks but honestly i sometimes forget to eat breakfast - however i dont over eat at lunch. I have heard the 1200 i have set my self is not good cos i will be setting my body in starvation mode, I dont understand all that, but i will read more into it, until then am at 1200.

My simple question to you all is at my pace which i only started 2 weeks ago, how long will it take me to loose my 30 odd lbs with leslies dvds - 5 mile a day walks.

Please advice.

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Im 4‘11 and I lose 2 pounds a month without exercise. I guess u will lose 30 pounds within 6 mths or more
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    When I started on here at 148lbs (4'11 also) I was eating 1200 calories a day and walking 30-60 minutes a day. I lost about 30 lbs in a year. I feel like the first 20 lbs came off pretty easy, the last 10 lbs took FOREVER and of course I gained some of it back! I have been maintaining 125 lbs since November 2012 but I would still stand to lose a bit more.

I would suggest doing some squats and lunges after you're done walking. It won't make your thighs any smaller but it will make them stronger and less jiggly. I think my thighs are pretty big (but proportional because my boobs are also big) but I love the shape of my legs and how my butt looks in most of my clothes. I have the opposite problem as you and I carry my weight mostly in my stomach, and even at 115 lbs my waist was 28" and my belly was 31".

I think that as long as you continue with your walking routine and eventually add more distance or increase your speed as the weeks progress, then you will probably lose that weight fairly quickly ... as long as you eat properly! Good luck! :)
  • MsAkosia
    MsAkosia Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you two lovely ladies for your great advice. i fell off wagon walking but i am starting again today. Thanks