BMR and TDEE

Options
I am finding it difficult to figure out how many calories I should be consuming. I want to lose a stone. I am 19, weigh approx 10st 7lbs and i am 5ft 4in.

My BMR is calculated at: 1436
My TDEE is calculated at: 1810

I am not sure how to work out a healthy balance between my BMR and TDEE in order to lose 2lbs a week, through diet and exercise. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    Don't try for 2 pounds per week. Instead take 15-20% off you TDEE. Looking at the numbers, it looks like you have you TDEE set at sedentary. If you do any exercise or do more than sit all day you are likely at a higher activity level than that. Ultimately you don't want to go below your BMR.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a week is a bit aggressive and should only be done if you have a lot of weight to lose, like, over 75 lbs.

Having said that, BMR doesn't apply to you because you move around. Your daily caloric needs are your TDEE. Subtract 500 or 20%, whichever you prefer to start, from that. Adjust accordingly based on your first 6 weeks of weight loss (don't count the first two weeks).
  • teekay1893
    Options
    ok thank you for your help and advice !! :)