A skinny Drew Carey?

Options
Dive_Girl
Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
All I can say is good for him!!! But, I have to admit, I did like the chubby Drew. I wonder he's on MFP??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/30/drew.carey.weight.loss.ppl/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How creepy! right when i clicked on this to start reading it, i added in the adress and on my tv the price is right came on haha. I'm so happy for him, becuase i know he sufferes from depression and he was diabetic, so i bet this makes him feel amazing
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    John Goodman (from Roseann) has lost a bunch of weight too. He looks really creepy now
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good for him! Though, he looks much older I think!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    His skinny look reminds me a little bit of David Letterman?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    He looks SO different. And older. :(
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wow. you're right. i had no idea he was 52. he looks so different.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I've seen a couple versions of the story though.

I saw an interview where he said he did it with nutrition, exercize and diet pills, and that he loves the pills because he's never hungry.

I saw another interview where he lists all the things he's not allowed to eat anymore, and there's no mention of diet pills.

IIt's great he fought off diabeties! But if he's going head strong and not approaching it in a manner he can sustain for life...well, we have all seen what happens in that case.

I really hope it goes well!
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow! Remarkable change. I agree that he looks older. But better to look older than to be battling illnesses.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    His skinny look reminds me a little bit of David Letterman?

Ha! He sure does LOL
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I remember when he was on Whose Line and they always made fun of his weight.....I bet he feels great now! He does look older but he looks better than when he was overweight.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    <3 Love Drew Carey!! He's been on break from the price is right for a while now, I DRV it so I can watch at night along with Whose line . Right before he left for vacation I saw how wonderful he was looking and was like he's totally coming back skinny! Rock on Drew!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Drew????? Are you here?? Are you among us? Off to check out the link..:wink:

Ohhhhhhhhhh WOW, um, wow, yes he does different. I wonder if this is exactly like when we all drop weight and noone says anything because frankly sometimes you don't know what to say. Larger ppl have fuller faces alot of times (I did) so it's dramatic when you drop weight, ppl think you're sick. lol Well not exactly funny but strange to be ask when here you are plowing ahead doing something really really good for yourself and along comes someone asking if you're feeling any better. lol

Well he's far more healthy (his words) and that's the most important thing and he feels better about himself. I hope he can keep up with the no carb 'diet' and that it's a lifestyle change not a 'diet' as a number of Stars have gone on. I can't imagine being in the public eye and gaining weight back. It's rough enough in regular life.

Ok, done with Drew:laugh:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I think Drew looks older too!!! How weird is that!!! You would think that after losing weight he'd look YOUNGER!
    I'm sure he FEELS so much better though!! I thought for sure he was taking something to help with the weight loss. Although, if we had as much money as he does, we could all afford a personal trainer AT HOME too!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    John Goodman (from Roseann) has lost a bunch of weight too. He looks really creepy now
    I saw him a month or so back on a talk show and thought he looked pretty good, but not seen him lately. It's a huge change to see someone that's large for so long lose weigh (how ironic coming from me) and to not see them very often it's a real shocker! I'm not sure I thought he looked creepy so much as I couldn't stop staring at him because of the drastic change.

Is that why guys are staring at me, the drastic change? LOLOL Nah, probably I look creepy now:laugh:
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    If he IS here and sees all of us remarking on how much older he looks, that he will just gain the weight back.....just saying....
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets! What a transformation....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I've seen a couple versions of the story though.

I saw an interview where he said he did it with nutrition, exercize and diet pills, and that he loves the pills because he's never hungry.

I saw another interview where he lists all the things he's not allowed to eat anymore, and there's no mention of diet pills.

IIt's great he fought off diabeties! But if he's going head strong and not approaching it in a manner he can sustain for life...well, we have all seen what happens in that case.

I really hope it goes well!
    Hm, your comment on 'going head strong..' I wondered about that, from the article (from the link on this thread) it sounds so rigid, hard to imagine keeping it up. Dunno, sometimes ppl 'diet' and lose the weight, feel self confident then it all slips away because I guess they must think since the weights gone that's all they had to do.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    If he IS here and sees all of us remarking on how much older he looks, that he will just gain the weight back.....just saying....
    :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG that was funny!

Sorry Drew:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Well I think he looks great considering he lost 80lbs in just 8 months! It will take a year or two for all the skin to spring back that will .

As far as the eating, he surely went to the extreme from a few of the stories I just read and he is no longer diabetic so there is the advantage to having lost the weight. Hopefully he keeps it off for his sake.

John Goodman looks great too, he looks close to what he looked like when Roseanne started, not the hefty man he was by the end and then the years that followed. Handsome guy actually.

In the end you have to applaud these two for taking control and doing whatever they needed to do to get healthy and what they did may not work for someone else and hopefully they both keep the weight off so they can share the funny for years to come!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Now the boy just needs a fashion consultant :wink: .

Yay Drew!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!