Hello, I'm new..

Options
I was just wondering how everyone is doing with their fitness goals, perhaps some words of encouragement? =]

Replies

• RadianWear
    Options
    Getting there, slow and steady. I have 2 weeks left with Les Mills Combat, trying to decide which challenge and support group to start next :)
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I joined a gym and started incorporating strength training and started gaining weight :\ Muscle I suppose, but I feel like regardless of what I do I just keep gaining lol. I was perfectly content with my weight/health/etc. about a year ago, then I switched jobs from a long-hour physically demanding job to the equivalent of a desk job. I never had to watch what I eat before and now that I'm not as physically active, I have to cram in exercise and watch what I'm eating which is super hard for me.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    I hear you, I spend 3 hours a day in the car and then sit behind a desk all day, it was soooo hard to get started, now I look forward to it. We chose Combat because we could do it on our in time in our home around our own schedules. Being part of a support group really helped keep us motivated. I tend to struggle with eating as well, but its getting better. I am learning to make better choices when I am in situations where I would grab fast food or my boss takes us out for lunch (constantly lol).

You can definitely gain weight when you start strength training, especially if you are not watching what you eat. Are you on any sort of eating plan?
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Nope. Pretty much just what I have time to grab when it's convenient. I eat a lot of pizza D=
  • RadianWear
    Options
    LOL well that would be my first recommendation :)