Do you drink coffee?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have my homemade latte or mocha. For mochas, I used sugar free cocoa and an agave packet. For lattes, I just use an agave packet. For any coffee, I steam my fat free milk (fat free foams better than milk with any fat in it). It's a litte over 100 calories each morning. Only thing is, my coffee is caffeine free because I'm sensitive to caffeine. The only caffeine I have is one regular tea first thing when I get to work.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes nonfat latte or nonfat milk with cinnamon.

If I reach a weight loss goal, I have any coffee but no whip cream.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee. I'll get a latte or something every once in a while, but I don't need those extra calories on a daily basis!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I drink 6 shots of espresso with about a tablespoon of flavored syrup and a half cup of whole milk several times per week, almost daily. I can't do without my coffee... This fixes me up and is only about 200 calories. IIFYM
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. It will put hair on your chest.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not needed. It is a want not a need. If you want it then go ahead but no one needs it. Not unless they have become addicted.

It's a drug just like any other. Perhaps not as intense as many but still a drug.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am probably wrong here, but could it have been the sugar not the caffiene that helped the headache?
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It's a drug just like any other. Perhaps not as intense as many but still a drug.

Yes, but not all drugs are bad. Caffeine is neuroprotective (if you want a source for that, enter "caffeine neuroprotective into PubMed, there are many papers on this). Medications are drugs.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    YES! With sugar. It is the one sticking point that I will do whatever I need to for the rest of the day to make it work. Only in the morning, and once I brush my teeth, no more for the day.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i love coffee. real coffee, not stuff with sickly sweet syrup, cream or sugar though. espresso or sometimes a macchiato. mmmmmm best put the mocha pot on :bigsmile:
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day - in fact I'm drinking one right now.

Monday to Friday I have 1 cup instant, with small dash of milk and 1 sugar in a travel mug while I walk the dog, and then I have one other when I get to work, and then I switch to tea (I drink a LOT of tea!!!). At the weekend I might make a fresh pot of real coffee if I get up really early and have a mug or two out of that.

Once a week I treat myself to a Medium Skinny Vanilla Latte from Costa.... yum yum yum!

My coffee and tea fit in with my daily calorie goals so I don't see the point of depriving myself. Like they say, don't give something up while losing weight if you aren't prepared to give it up for life and I am NOT prepared to give up tea and coffee.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Yes, but not all drugs are bad. Caffeine is neuroprotective (if you want a source for that, enter "caffeine neuroprotective into PubMed, there are many papers on this). Medications are drugs.

Well said, however medications are taken because there stands a medical need. Coffee is not.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have coffee once or twice a day, but its homemade with instant coffee.
    I have a teaspoon off coffee mixed with half a cup of low fat milk and the other half boiling water.
    Occasionally ill put a tsp of sugar in it but usually its not needed.

Sometimes Ill have a Chai latte from a cafe.

Coffee is one thing I cant give up.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I drink coffee once in a while. Always flavored with Spelnda and cream. Black coffee would upset my stomach and it tastes disgusting.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a cup of coffee with a little skim milk and about a tsp of sugar every morning that I worked, but not on my days off. A doctor told me that when he gave up coffee and soda, he had withdrawals (headaches) for a few wks, but eventually the headaches completely disappeared and he slept much better at night, felt more alert during the day and didn't get as sleepy towards the afternoons like he did when he still drank coffee and soda. I haven't had a soda in maybe 10 yrs. However, I do love the taste of coffee with almond milk and sugar. I gave up coffee for a few months and did get better sleep at night and have better concentration during the day. Recently, I splurged and had a cup of coffee 2 days in a row and my sleep pattern was disturbed. I may be more sensitive to caffeine than some now. I try to just drink a lot of water.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I hated the crap, til I got married, I blame it all on my husband,
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I normally drink regular cokes but since I'm back on track it hurts to use that many calories on a drink. I used to drink a lot and was trying to cut back some but have been having awful headaches almost daily for nearly 2 months. This afternoon I tried a skinny caramel latte and OMG, it was amazing and my headache was gone within 30 mins. I know it has more caffeine in it but it had less than half the calories of my 20oz coke and sugar and suppressed my appetite for hours! I'm just wondering if I should quit while I'm ahead though and not even start with the coffee.

I drink coffee every morning. I use ONE stevia and about 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Right now I am using chocolate almond milk. A friend used to pick with me about all the *crap* I put in my coffee because he drinks his black, so the other day I calculated the calories in mine. With the most calorie laden almond milk I have in the house, my morning coffee comes out to 15 calories...that is not a typo... FIFTEEN calories.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee mon-fri.... an espresso shot black, no cream and no sugar. Its an intense taste at first, but you get used to it and it's better for you that way. As someone else said, the issue isn't the coffee, it's the milk and sugar and everything that gets added to it that makes it "bad".
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! I drink it black every day.

If you're not ready for that, but want less calories than a flavoured latte, try an americano (espresso topped off with hot water) or an americano misto (which is espresso and half water, half steamed milk).

Skip the flavoured syrups and get some cocoa or cinnamon sprinkled on top.
  • ShinyHappyMe15
    ShinyHappyMe15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups of coffee every day. My kids know to leave the last of the milk in the morning for my coffee :)