help with in house exercise

Options
So I have just had a baby and we are doing a hour fast walking aday any ideas of some cardio I can do around the house when she's asleep

Replies

• SassyDingo
    SassyDingo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    30 day shred - they're 20minute workouts - you can find them on you tube.
  • babosam
    Options
    Great question ;-))

I loved Erin O'Brien's "Postnatal Rescue" after my little one was born, it's more stretching&toning than cardio but one session takes 10 minutes (or you can of course do all 3 levels over 30mins) which is brilliant if you also need to rest yourself or have other things to take care of. It really helped to get me back into shape and feel stronger quickly!

Other than that, like you, I stuck with the walking for the first wee while.

Hope you're enjoying this wonderful time with your little one.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Get a kettlebell. Learn the basic moves. You can get an incredible workout in as little as 10-30 minutes. Low impact, whole body.....
  • jonnie7053
    jonnie7053 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Get the 'You are your own gym' app on your phone or tablet, it has basic programs that take around 30 mins. or you can do a quick workout of any length of time from 10 mins and over
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There are tons of workout routines on youtube for free! My favorite fitness youtubers are Charliejames1975/ Bodyrock and Cassey Ho/Blogilates. Bodyrock is mostly HIIT routines (it does have other things like yoga and strength though) which would be a perfect cardio workout for you right there. And Cassey has a ton of her own cardio routines~ HIIT and circuit and all that and she also has a ton of pilates vids too. Once in a while I'll do a dance routine to shake things up, I don't know anyone by name to recommend for that but you'll have no trouble finding someone! ^_^ Good luck!
  • carebearbecky
    carebearbecky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you've only got a short period of time, perhaps Sworkit (.com) might help. I had it recommended to me yesterday, haven't tried it myself, but you can tailor it to how long you have and if you want to only do cardio or upper body etc.

Hope that helps.
  • Shibsteroo
    Options
    if you have sky tv - channel 282 fitness channel there are loads of workouts record and keep on your planer.
    All the Davina dvd's have helped me in the past and great for stripping the legs as well.
    Good luck - I feel your pain although I have no baby to look after too xx
  • cathymalem
    Options
    Hi, I wish when my daughters were young knew about the FitnessBlender website. Has a great mix of workouts, you can choose your own or get the 8 week workout programme. It is great for being able to push yourself in the comfort of home and I have found it better than going to my local gym.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap exercise bike to ride while my baby sleeps.
  • duaneho
    Options
    I've been using the Sworkit app on my phone for the past week and I can testify that it really is great! It's given me the muscle aches that I've been missing simply cause my body got too comfortable with my usual running/walking routine. Custom mode is great so do check it out!
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you can find cardio exercises to do at home on fitnessblender.com for free :)
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I was (still am) a DVD junkie... bought loads cheap on ebay and did the bits I liked. Also buy or borrow some weights, even if you have 5 minutes you can do a few reps.....
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Check out Tiffany Rothe on Youtube. She did a few workout videos when she was pregnant, not sure if she's done any since the baby.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly but get a hula hoop, dance, jumping jacks, push ups. These are all free or pretty cheap and if you only have 15 minutes it's perfect built up over a few times a day and will work some muscles you may not normally use.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Get a kettlebell. Learn the basic moves. You can get an incredible workout in as little as 10-30 minutes. Low impact, whole body.....
    x2