i'm proud of myself!!!

Options
xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
This is a really big statement for me to use!

I really fancied a takeaway tonight, 2 out of my 3 children are staying away for the week and are back tomorrow. This being my last nite of peace with my husband i thought it deserved something special. So my husband comes in from work and we start discussing what we might have..........but neither of us wanted to put the cals or more importantly the fat into our bodies!!!

My fave takeaway is called a chicken delight, its a portion of chips, 3 chicken balls and egg fried rice all topped off with chip shop curry!! :blushing: and its HUGE!!

So i have made my own version.......frozen chicken nuggets, oven chips, micro basmati brown rice topped off with bisto chip shop curry sauce (quite low for those british curry lovers out there) :bigsmile:

so now i have my fave takeaway for a LOT less cals and a LOT less fat!! I'm sooooo proud lol xxxxxx

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great job. Whilst ordering in is a treat it does tend to be pricey both on the wallet, and calorie bank. It is so much better to make stuff at home! Keep it up
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is the way to still have your cake and eat it too!!

My shop is right next door to a take out Pizza Hut, I can smell them cooking all day long, and sometimes I want just a slice, but I know I'll eat too much and then feel bloated and guilty, so I don't.

Congrats!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :happy:
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Nice one Jo! I don't like chip shop curry but I do love making my own and a while ago I started substituting coconut milk or cream with 30% creme fraiche. Things like that can make a huge difference. Well done keep going, you're awesome. x
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazingly wel! Both of you...a lot of work starts at home, and I read the post that your husband wrote and it was LUSH LUSH LUSH! What an amazing and supportive husband you have :flowerforyou:

Your pic is fantastic and you have lost sooo much!

Keep going girl, and I'll see you up the topclub for boogey! :wink: