Be encouraged--go for it

Options
Hi, Since January I have lost 32 pounds and ant to encourage others not to give up. I have done this by eating right most the time, tracking what I eat as well as exercise. Nothing is easy about losing weight. It is a push, fight struggle many of us have faced our whole lives. This takes a certain amount of discipline, self control and also as I have found, help from above. Prayer and Bible reading are a great source of encouragement and support as well.

Recently, I bought a bike and enjoy riding it. I have slowly built up and now ride as much as 15-20 miles some days. Another great source of encouragement was growing my own garden this year. It is not huge but has helped me stay busy tending to garden as well as stocking me up on fresh veggies to eat out of my garden----YUM

You can do this, dont give up. I feel much better and wish to be an encouragement to anyone on here who wants it. It is a great feeling to help others when you lose weight and feel better it gives you more time to help others as well. Everyday is a new day. If you blow it one day or even a few days, stop and start fresh the next day with the attitude of never giving up no matter what and putting that defeat behind you. You can do this, nothing is impossible. (:

Friends me if you like, we can overcome together.

Chainlot

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm a gardener too. In fact, last night I picked so many tomatoes that my counter top is completely full. We plan to can them this weekend so we have tomatoes for our stews and chili this winter. Anyway, I couldn't agree more with your post. I have days where I feel like giving up. In the past I would have given up. This time around I'm just taking things slow and telling myself that tomorrow is a new day. I've made good food choices at least 85% of the time during the past 6 weeks and been exercising regularly. I keep telling myself I'm not going to lose this weight in a couple months, it's going to take at least a year...probably longer. Slow and steady wins the race right? Keep up the good work!