Hello, I'm Regina from Philadelphia

imasailorgirl
imasailorgirl Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I just joined MFP yesterday. I'd been seeing posts made on facebook from a niece. I thought I'd give it a go too.

I'm Regina. I'm a stay-at-home, homeschooling mother of two, working on also being a work-from home mother. I have been very slender most of my life. Even after my first daughter, I was slender. However, after my second daughter I began putting on weight little by little; nine years later, I'm at a point of being uncomfortable with my size. Well, it's not even just my size, but my overall unhealthiness.

With my 33rd birthday only 9 days away, I've decided to take control of the situation instead of letting it control me. I'm both the largest and most out of shape I've ever been. My Honey is trying to loose weight as well, and joined the site also. I'm hoping that this year, we can go from worst to best shape of our lives. I think it will not only feel better physically, but also mentally.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
~R

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Hello Regina from Philadelphia.....................I'm Debbie from Orlando. My husband and I also joined together:) I have lost 39 lbs. since february and he has lost 20. Best shape we have both been in for awhile. Friend me if you would like.
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Welcome Regina!

I have been on the site for 2 weeks and it is great - the people are amazing because they understand your struggles and your goals. I think you will find the site very helpful! I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Mandy
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Welcome aboard. Keep your food diary open to everyone. Feedback is the key. Secrets sink healthy lifestyle changes. Remember this is not about dieting but making a healthy life style change. think of remodeling your insides so it will show to the world outside. Be willing to take the good and the bad. When you get off track be willing to accept the pushes and encouragement to get you back on track. Be willing to change your meal plans, learn about food portions and most of all be willing to move something. Motion burns calories.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Hello Regina from Philadelphia, welcome to a great site
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    hello Regina,

I am Tonya and you will love this web page. THe tools are awsome
  • Thank you all so much for the welcome. I'm sure this is going to be a wonderful thing for me, (and through me, my family). I'm trying to make a life change and am happy to know there are companions along the way!
This discussion has been closed.