Insanity or P90X

Options
2»

Replies

• rlinaresv
    Options
    I haven't tried P90X but I really want to try it. I did one round of insanity and it is %$@# insane. The second month is crazy. It's hard and will drain all your energy but you'll feel awesome once you finish it. I'm about to finish Rushfit and it is also a nice workout. Mostly your body weight and add some dumbbell work.
    George St-Pierre rocks.
  • BarbadosDreamin
    Options
    I've just done week 1 of Insanity and feel great, it's hard but go at your own pace and take a break if you need it. After days 1,2 and 3 I was sore, but after a brisk walk it soon eased off and I could then do the exercises. As I work from home it's not too bad time wise, but friends who want to do it find it hard to fit it into their day. Believe me you are dripping with sweat after one of the sessions.

The food plan is good too, except I'm finding it hard to get in all the calories I need (could always have chocolate! mmm) But with using myfitnesspal I'm trying to keep the level of fat down. It all helps!

Even after week 1 I can tell a difference in my stomach area, which is great motivation, so give it a go is my advice. I've not tried P90x a friend has and said it was harder than Insantiy so I took the easier option, good luck
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    There are soooo many options out there but the nice thing about Insanity and the T25 Focus (haven't seen the other ones as yet) is that they give you a modifier person to follow. T25 is only 25 minutes a day (except Friday where you do 2 or you can do it on Saturday) - but within 3 minutes I'm drenched.

Insanity starts with shorter workouts in month 1 then month 2 is totally crazy. But it will definitely get you moving. Takes some commitment though so keep that in mind. 6 days a week for about an hour.

Main thing is to find one you like. Turbofire could be good as well and I've heard good things about the other Beachbody programs. There are quite a few.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    With 100+lbs to go I would suggest what I use, Hip Hop Abs HHA or Rocking Body, both by beachbody. I had dropped many lbs and inches using HHA, switching it up once in a while with Rockin body. I also do the P90x arms/shoulders/back to work on my arms. Insanity was way too difficult, spent most of my time modifying and not burning enough for me. T-25 is good but the modifications are not always visible, which I don't like. I know they are meant to work at your own pace but I like to be "in step" with the video. I think this is why I totally love HHA. The most important change I made is that I ONLY drink water, aside from my morning cappuccino. You can do this, one day at a time.....:flowerforyou: