Sugar Free Vs. Fat Free

Options
So I was just eating some sugar free chocolate Jello pudding and i wondered if it is better to eat the sugar free which has less calories or the fat free which has more calories but no fat.

Any ideas??

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    neither is better. But for the Jello i would go sugar free. But any food that is sugar free of fat free is no good. THey replace those things with chemicals. That is why america is over weight.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    the lesser of two evils is sugar free. fat free means they took all that fat out and added a crap load of sugar so it won't taste all nasty. But usually sugarfree means it has aspartame, which is WAAAAAY more dangerous than people are making it out to be. I am vowing to never drink diet soda again after the stash we have now is gone in my houes because i watched a documertary called sweet misery and it showed how people developed brain tumors, lupus and fibromyalgia because of aspartame....so be wise with your choices....but i would def choose the sugar free route if your not that freaked out by artificial sweetners
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I've been doing sugar free (NO ASPARTAME). The 60 cal Jello chocolate/vanilla swirl has sucralose instead of aspartame.

Deliciousssssss.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'd go with fat free, because I've given up worrying about sugar intake. :) Haha. The jello pudding packages are both sugar free and fat free. You could start making your own.

If you're worrying about chemicals in your pudding, your best bet would be to not eat pudding at all. :bigsmile:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'd go with fat free, because I've given up worrying about sugar intake. :) Haha. The jello pudding packages are both sugar free and fat free. You could start making your own.

If you're worrying about chemicals in your pudding, your best bet would be to not eat pudding at all. :bigsmile:

i agree 100% i also gave up on worrying about the sugar intake, some sugars are good, like those in fresh fruits however when i saw i was "over" on sugars it freaked me out, Knowing i was always over, i decided not to worry about it and so far so good. :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Neither! If it's sugar free they add in chemical sugars. If it's fat free they usually add in sugar or fake sugars to compensate for the taste and add in gelatin for the creamy consistancy. Make your own, there are tons of recipes out there. I make a vegan version that is to die for.
  • LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    I just thought if it was good enough for Bill Cosby..... Why not?
  • LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    I just thought if it was good enough for Bill Cosby..... Why not?:laugh:
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Neither sugar nor fat are bad for you and you shouldn't have a principle of avoiding either. What's important is the lack of processing that occurs to them (ie: you don't want refined sugar or transacid fats) and you don't want excessive amounts. At the end of the day, these are things that effect health more than weight. You need to eat fat because lots of vitamins are fat soluble and because the brain and other organs function in the presence of compounds found in fat. You don't *need* sugar, but its just energy (the same as what your body makes from everything else you eat) assuming its a nice raw sugar.

On the other hand, actual body weight is determined more by the net calories, so a choice between fat free or sugar free if they have the same calories makes no difference in that sense. The difference is the number of chemicals and other crap. I'd go with whichever one has the least ingredients probably (although better yet is not eating this stuff at all, but its pretty hard to eat perfectly when we're surrounded by all the pressure to buy junk).
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    i watched a documertary called sweet misery and it showed how people developed brain tumors, lupus and fibromyalgia because of aspartame....so be wise with your choices....
    Thanks for that title, watching it tonight on Netflix, always interested in the Health aspects of chemicals and other types of flicks like "Food Matters" etc. Any other titles you have in mind, please toss them my way!:flowerforyou:

Thanks,
    Becca
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i watched a documertary called sweet misery and it showed how people developed brain tumors, lupus and fibromyalgia because of aspartame....so be wise with your choices....
    Thanks for that title, watching it tonight on Netflix, always interested in the Health aspects of chemicals and other types of flicks like "Food Matters" etc. Any other titles you have in mind, please toss them my way!:flowerforyou:

Thanks,
    Becca
    Here is a list of the ones I have seen.
    Can Gm Food Save the World
    Genetically Modified Food: Panacea or Poisen
    Modern Meat
    The Truth About Vitamins
    The Future of Food
    Sweet Remedy: the World Reacts to an Adulterated Food Supply

I don't have netflix, but i saw these on www.topdocumentaryfilms.com Go to list, then under the "health" headline it will have these and many more