Hosting Football Sunday - HELP

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ok - I am having 8 people over (big eaters) for the Redskins game this Sunday. I need some good recipes for appetizers. I know I can do a veggie tray, but I want a chip and dip or some crockpot meatbals... or something!! I just don't want really cheap and unhealthy meals.

Also, I know I'm going to marinade a flank steak. I need good suggestions for marinades that really soak up flavor in 2 days! Please please please help :)

Arancini, duck liver mousse and crostini, mini buttermilk biscuits with poached egg yolks and country ham, queso fundido with rajas and chorizo

Football man, not a night at the Ritz
  • lilRicki
    Options
    1 can of corn
    1 bell pepper
    1 can of black beans
    italian dressing to taste

use tostito scoops to attack the mexican salsa. It's healthy, and i could eat the whole bowl to myself

Also;

Crockpot some cocktail weiners, and google an easy recipe for sweet and sour sauce

wanton wrapper tacos

go on pinterest and find anything you need.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    just make sure you have tons of cheese for the Packers victory over the redskins :):)

I'm wearing my Packers shirt today!!! GO PACK GO!!!

Anyway.. Redneck Sushi!!! I know its not fancy, but take thinly sliced ham and spread cream cheese on it(I use low fat) and wrap it around dill pickle spears and then slice. These are my husbands favorite appetizer besides wings.

20a45a4f226366b59a1158962d056d70.jpg
  • shellma00
    Options
    my fave is Bacon and Cream Cheese stuffed Mushrooms!! so yummy and can use low fat or fat free cream cheese to lower the cals..

d84da2ececae9a0b7fca540b1f38e631.jpg
  • shellma00
    Options
    8d68c987eba75367d82d1a077917e38b.jpg

cfed2aa6e75ddb55fbd40c3649d5ea42.jpg

These look good!!!

You should look stuff up on Pinterest.. lots of appetizers that require little to no cooking that are delish!!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    or take those tiny tomatoes, cut out the center, pack with mayo bacon and a piece of lettuce and you have bite size BLT's. I made those for a bbq one day and they were gone in a heart beat. I also really like to make my own dough and put them in cupcake tins and make hummus cups
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    haha..that's cute. I'm not a chef! I don't even know what 1/2 of that is!

Then you prob should have specified you only wanted simple minded food recipes

You must be a blast at parties.

if you don't know how to make food not "cheap" while also not being pretentious, i suggest you work on your cooking skills.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Ok - I am having 8 people over (big eaters) for the Redskins game this Sunday. I need some good recipes for appetizers. I know I can do a veggie tray, but I want a chip and dip or some crockpot meatbals... or something!! I just don't want really cheap and unhealthy meals.

Also, I know I'm going to marinade a flank steak. I need good suggestions for marinades that really soak up flavor in 2 days! Please please please help :)

It's the redskins...no one will feel like eating after the 1st qtr.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

Arancini, duck liver mousse and crostini, mini buttermilk biscuits with poached egg yolks and country ham, queso fundido with rajas and chorizo

so....no White Truffles, Beluga Caviar, shark fin-rhino horn powdered mousse for your arrogant taste, then???
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love making taco dip for parties. All I do is mix in a 8oz container of plain no-fat Greek yogurt, 8oz container of Neufchatel cheese or reduced fat cream cheese, and a package of taco seasoning. Then put the mixture in a casserole dish and layer lettuce, shredded Mexican cheese, and salsa on top. It's always a hit and it has good protein and low carbs. Have tortilla chips to dip. I also like to cut up bell peppers to offer a healthier dipping option.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You can also do a big pot of chili with fixins like cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, etc. Also serve with tortilla chips.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just make sure you have tons of cheese for the Packers victory over the redskins :):)

I'm wearing my Packers shirt today!!! GO PACK GO!!!

Anyway.. Redneck Sushi!!! I know its not fancy, but take thinly sliced ham and spread cream cheese on it(I use low fat) and wrap it around dill pickle spears and then slice. These are my husbands favorite appetizer besides wings.

20a45a4f226366b59a1158962d056d70.jpg

yum!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the pickle sushi!!!! You could do cucumber sandwiches
    a loaf of small pumpernickel bread the little square ones
    an 8 oz container of low fat cream cheese
    a packet of Italian dressing mix (I use zesty)
    an English cucumber or whatever kind you want peeled or not (sliced)
    mix the cc and dressing mix spread on the bread then put a slice of cucumber one top you can sprinkle a little dill on if you want. Love them!!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

so....no White Truffles, Beluga Caviar, shark fin-rhino horn powdered mousse for your arrogant taste, then???

Rice, breadcrumbs, duck livers, cream, fatback, bread, flour, buttermilk, eggs, ham, cheese, peppers, sausage, oh so arrogant
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

^This. You might consider serving brie too. :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014952-pot-luck?hl=arancini#posts-15563770
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    Ham rolls made with laughing cow light cheese spread instead of cream cheese is great. Easily spreads. Put green onion in middle, roll, slice.

What about buying frozen cheese ravioli, defrost, bread with italian bread crumbs, brown in olive oil. Serve with marinara.

Spinach dip using light sour cream is good. Frozen spinach (defrost, squeeze out water), add light sour cream, knorr vegetable soup mix, light mayo. I like it. Can serve with chips. Pita chips are great with it.

Just suggestions. Good luck!

Good luck.

Oh and I saw another post from here. I can't remember who posted it. She put light cream cheese and slice of jalapeno inside of a wonton wrapper. Sealed and fried for a jalapeno popper twist. Do a search on wonton wrappers.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Head over to skinnytaste.com, there are tons of recipes and they all rock. They have your chips and dips, and your meatball recipes and they even have some fun little zucchini pizza bites!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

On second thought Google Tailgating Recipes online ~might be more doable and familiar. We cannot determine exactly how cheap is cheap to you, considering all the dramatics on this thread over a poster's suggestion. This clearly depicts differing economical brackets ~highly discriminatory. .
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Head over to skinnytaste.com, there are tons of recipes and they all rock. They have your chips and dips, and your meatball recipes and they even have some fun little zucchini pizza bites!

^This. Weed through her recipes and choose whatever you believe the 18-19 year old boys on your guest list would eat. Cheers!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com