Sports Watches

Options
So, I am a beginner to intermediate runner and am trying to keep a particular pace. If you use a sports watch to track this what do you use and why do you like it? Suggestions? I'm in the market for one and need some direction. Thanks. Superdave

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear opinions too as I'm trying to do a better job at consistent pacing (but can't really afford to buy a good GPS watch right now). I've heard good things about the Garmin Forerunner 10.
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Forerunner 305. I have small wrists and this is a big watch, so it doesn't look great. It does however let me see the numbers easily as I'm running. I'm sure I'm not using all of the functions, but I do use the interval functions. It allows me to:

run a certain distance, rest a certain distance
    run a certain distance, rest a certain time
    run a certain time, rest a certain distance
    run a certain time, rest a certain time

I can also just hit the start button and just run. The main screen can be configured to show the numbers you want to see.

While I haven't used the pace feature, I did check my watch and confirmed that this function exists. You can set an alert for fast pace and another for slow pace.

I've had this watch a couple of years and just love it. Good luck with your decision!
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just have an Ironman Triathalon watch. it is tried and true, and quite frankly, bulletproof. mine was only about $35.