anyone in their 60's with 70 lbs to lose

Options
Hello

Looking for motivation to climb one big mountain, 70lbs to lose and not able to be very active due to pain

As anyone got any helpful advice and motivation for me please

look forward to hearing from anyone out there in a similar position.

good luck to you all

carol

Replies

• Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    OH yea.. I am 67 and have about 75 pounds to lose....if you want you can 'friend' me... good luck!

Pam
  • SunnyD0913
    Options
    I will soon be 59, and need to lose 70+ lbs....you can friend me.

It is so much harder now to lose this extra weight, but I MUST. This morning I woke up and was stiff. I have arthritis, and have had a right hip and left knee replaced. I DON"T WANT ANYMORE, ANYTHING REPLACED.
  • alice1128
    alice1128 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm soon to be 58 and losing 70 lbs would be fantastic for me. Friend me if you want and we can keep each other motivated. :happy:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am now 70, my ticker tells you what I lost, and I only walk, not gym stuff

Friend me if you wish, I am in Hampshire
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    HI! I am 57 (and a half lol) and am happy for you to Friend me. I want to lose another 35lb.
  • RUGGEDGerit
    Options
    I am 57 and have lost 75 lbs so far
  • mimi2anj
    Options
    I am 73 and I force myself to get 5,000 steps a day. Sometimes I just do some just sitting & kicking my legs. I put the counter on my shoe or in a pocket. You can also move your arms when sitting. I have bursitis in both shoulders, but push through just to keep circulation going. Hope this helps you. God Bless.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have move that twice that to lose. I am here for the long haul. One of the member who is wheelchair bound at the moment does Get Fit While You Sit. She also swims laps at her local pool because it doesn't put stress on her knees. Friend request coming your way.
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Hi, I am 63 and need to lose over 70 lbs. I just joined a group to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. This would be a great motivation and a starter. I have been on MFP since Aug 2012, but then I fell and broke my hip, had no access to a computer, so I was off of MFP until Aug 2013. Now I'm trying to lose once again or should I say changing my LIFESTYLE OR A NEW JOURNEY. You are welcome to friend request me if you like. :smile: :flowerforyou:

If you need motivation I'll be right here.

Good Luck,

Linda
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda

Yes need all the support more the merrier as they say. Hope your hip is all better now - lets all get on this band wagon together

where do you live Linda?

good luck
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thank you for your post. seeing a physio soon to try to sort out the leg pain,if I weighed less I am sure it would be better,

Have you lost lot of weight? you sound more active than me I really need to push myself

good luck

carol
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Hello Friend

how long have you m]been a member and how are you doing on this. I get feed up with myself if the weight does nto come off quickly so need to be patient which doesn't come easy

Where do you live dwalt?

good luck lets do this

carol
  • SunnyD0913
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope today is a BEAUTIFUL day for everyone. :drinker: Drink your water!

WE CAN DO THIS. Like some others, I am in this for the long haul. I will get my profile and picture up soon. I was on MFP since Jan, but thought I lost interest, so I deleted my site. THEN after a few days, decided that I MISSED it! SO I am back.

:flowerforyou: Darla from OHIO......"GO BUCKS"!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am fifty six, and I need to lose seventy pounds(total)...I have lost fifteen so far, so I have fifty five to do...You can do this!!!

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Hi Alice

thank you for friending up with me, lets get this thing started, how long have you been a member and how is it going for you??

good luck keep in touch

carol
  • SunnyD0913
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

HI everyone...........Just checking the Messages.

OH YES WE CAN!!!!!! do this.....................

Darla from OHIO