A day Break?

Options
I started Excercising on Monday, yesterday one of my calves started acking and stiffining up a bit, so i decided to take the day off from my exercise ( treadmill and work out video) but what can i do now? i feel like im being laxy! can i get back to working out tomorrow? is there any exercises i can do in the mean time?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Maybe a yoga workout to stretch out the calf muscles. But be careful. Working out with tight calfs can lead to a lot of different injuries. Try freezing a bottle of water and using it to message them out some.

Good Luck.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Get some hand weights and do some arm exercises, since it probably hurts to stand or walk really...just sit on the couch...watch your favorite show, but do the hand weights (4 - 5lbs would be right for me and they are fun to do because you work a different body party that you don't usually)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    maybe some swimming, yoga, pilates or slow walking (depending on how it feels). Hope this helps
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I had the same sort of leg pain after running. I tried swimming with sore legs, but it was brutal because it uses a lot of your leg muscles. I recommend upper body strength training. And it doesn't have to be heavy weight. I used 5 pound dumbells and did some upper arm workouts and can really feel it the next day. I took a one day break from running and my legs were sooo much better today!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I've had the same problem today. My calf muscle has felt a bit stiff after working out on my bike so I'm sticking to crunches and an upper body work out using weights. Good luck.