eCigs/Vaping

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends that have completely switched to vapor cigs and are enjoying the experience. All of the pros of smoking, none of the cons.

no cons? what you are inhaling has to have some chemicals right? its not just water vapor.

Compared to whats in tobbaco it might as well be holy water lol..... The brand I use is FDA approved and is made from vegetables. YOu can wean down the nicotine lvl so you don't go through the nicotine withdralws of cold turkey. I've been vaping since April and havent had a real cig since. My lungs feel better I breathe better and dont smell like cigs. Its also ten times cheaper then real cigs. Added bonus is it doesn't bother people who don't smoke and you can smoke in non smoking bars with them

so less cons..not "no cons". :) and i really hope they never allow these things on planes. its bad enough the people with bad hygiene or overbearing perfume.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends that have completely switched to vapor cigs and are enjoying the experience. All of the pros of smoking, none of the cons.

no cons? what you are inhaling has to have some chemicals right? its not just water vapor.

Compared to whats in tobbaco it might as well be holy water lol..... The brand I use is FDA approved and is made from vegetables. YOu can wean down the nicotine lvl so you don't go through the nicotine withdralws of cold turkey. I've been vaping since April and havent had a real cig since. My lungs feel better I breathe better and dont smell like cigs. Its also ten times cheaper then real cigs. Added bonus is it doesn't bother people who don't smoke and you can smoke in non smoking bars with them

so less cons..not "no cons". :) and i really hope they never allow these things on planes. its bad enough the people with bad hygiene or overbearing perfume.

There are cons to water vapor too.

And yes, I loved smoking almost every cigarette I smoked for a decade. I appreciate having quit 15 years ago even more. If smoking didn't have benefits, people wouldn't do it, would they?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use them! I switched nearly a year ago and honestly have no plans of quitting using them entirely unless some horrible legislation about them comes about. I have asthma and haven't had an attack in probably 8 months, whereas I was having them two or three times a week when I smoked. I run, do Insanity, and all kinds of other activities with no breathing issues whatsoever!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Wow, great to hear all these positive "reviews" about eCigs... definitely glad I'm making the switch.

I also agree with another poster who says it's worth the investment to get the liquid/rechargeable ones. They produce much more vapor and are much higher quality.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking close to 3 years ago solely because of my ecig! My husband also did as well as my brother and next door neighbors..We had all ben smokers for over 30 years!!! And we all love them:) I now notice more and more people vaping when I am out and about...I love them!!!!!!! I did have the usual weight gain when I quit smoking and went to ecigs which is why I joined MFP and lost over 50 pounds..I must say that I am healthier now than I was in 20s!!! Thank you e cigs!.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into eCigs for a few weeks now, but all the info/brand/options are completely overwhelming! I know I need to go with a higher quality, rechargeable unit, but other than that I have no idea which direction to go.

What brand/model/products is everyone using?
  • robdahlgren0506
    robdahlgren0506 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out www.tasteyourjuice.com
    This guys does reviews but also has some good getting started pages.
    I also recommend http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ . Good revies from actual users and good information to help you get started.
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i personally used the v2 ecig. i bought it, used it for about a month or two, and dont even think about it anymore. it's been about a year and a half since i smoked a real cigarette now. i still carry it around with me like a pacifier lol, i freak out if i dont have it, but i rarely touch it
  • asbjrc427
    asbjrc427 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out www.tasteyourjuice.com
    This guys does reviews but also has some good getting started pages.
    I also recommend http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ . Good revies from actual users and good information to help you get started.

I was going to say this exactly! Also check out GrimmGreen on youtube. Look at his older vidoes where he talks about vaping for beginners. I learned a lot from him.

I quit smoking in Feb 2012 (was a smoker for 20 years) and haven't looked back once. I currently use a Provari and an ego twist, both topped with tanks. It takes me about 2 minutes to refill a tank. I fiddled around a lot in the beginning, buying all kinds of stuff and even trying to make my own tanks. Now it's quick, simple, easy, and WAAAAAY cheaper than smoking ever was (even with the cost of the Provari included). I've dropped down two levels in nicotine strength, and hope to be at 0 by the end of the year.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking real cigs 3.5 years ago and have used ecigs since.

I `vape` the same amount as I used to `smoke`

I don`t know health wise if they are safe, but for me vaping has stopped me being short of breath, I feel so much more healthy and my breath/clothes don`t smell yukky.

Will vaping kill me, I don`t know.

I am lucky I do not take any medication for any illness/problem...but they could kill me too if I was to take them for a long period of time.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love my ecigs. The day I got them I didn't smoke for the first 2 weeks but then I started sneaking real ones in again for some reason! I'm still trying to move over to vaping completely but I just don't seem to be motivated enough at the moment :(

I'm hoping once I start working out again and start eating more to bulk, that instead of the usual 'I gave up cigs and gained weight' I'll have the opposite happen and I'll eat more and smoke less haha

Edit: Not sure that logic quite makes sense now I've written it down but oh well lol
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am one of those anomolous people that has never had nicotine cravings so can, and have, gone from smoker to non-smoker without issue - but I enjoy the action of smoking, so for me discovering e-cigs was awesome as I can indulge without inhaling all the crap - and honestly I prefer the taste and feel of smoking e-cigs! I have a refillable one that works with flavoured glycerine (bubblegum mmm!) and also a rechargable one by 10 motives, a brand I highly recommend for quality of product (though these do contain nicotine I believe). There is also the vapstick which is another great one, nicotine free.

Cheaper than cigarettes, and no more chest infections (with emphysema in the family, a massive bonus!).
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ecigs appear to be a much more effective nicotine delivery device than tobacco devices.
  • robdahlgren0506
    robdahlgren0506 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Some people have a little trouble moving from 'analogs' to vaping. There are other chemicals in a normal cigarette that are addictive besides nicotine, including some that act as MAOIs.

If you have trouble feeling satisfied, you could look into WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) e juice. They make the juice using all alkaloids found in tobacco. Not as good for you, but it could be used to help during the transition period and will still be void of carcinogens and tar.

When I first started I could stay satisfied with ecigs for most of the day, but had to have an analog before the day was out. WTA helped me make the transition and I am now smoke free for about 2 years. I even reduced my nic level twice.

If you can quit altogether it is better for you, but if you have struggled like I have, these things can be a life saver!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I vape, I have an ego twist and vamo, but the day I got my first device in the mail was the last time I had a cigarette. That was 3 months ago. It hasn't been that long, but I'll never go back to cigarettes, I know that much. Right now I'm just cutting back on my nicotine levels and looking to quit nicotine completely. The transition has been very easy.

My breathing is so much better, I never get winded like I use to, I also don't get headaches like I use to either.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the great suggestions! I'll be sure to check out the sites and the videos this weekend :)
  • im_all_in
    im_all_in Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ordered 2 rechargeable mods (Joyetech EGo C-Twist and my juice of choice is by Juicy! Ejuice - Caramel Macchiato), refillable cartos, etc. in January of 2013. They arrived on Jan 31/13 and I charged them up. I was 6 cigs in to a brand new pack of analogs and once my first battery was charged, I was vaping and never looked back. I also had a brand new carton of cigs in the freezer. After a month and a half of that open pack sitting by the front door on the shelf, I threw them all out. Friends bought the carton out of the freezer.
    I go through about 2 mL of ejuice every 2 days. I have never even had a drag of a paper cigarette since starting on the vape. I smoked for 25 years and tried so many times to quit but it never stuck for more than 6 weeks. When I smoked, you couldn't have paid me to run for 20 minutes. Not even 5 mins. I was so surprised when I got on the treadmill and could RUN without dying from lack of oxygen. I don't care what anyone says, if my doc and my dentist are both this happy I'm vaping instead of smoking, then it's definitely better than smoking!
    Btw for all of you that have never tried vaping...it's different than smoking. With a cigarette, you stand there and smoke the whole bloody thing all at once. With vaping, you have a puff when you need one and then fuggetaboutit. I wear my vape around my neck and sometimes I will go hours without taking a puff....never did that with cigarettes, those things were smoked at regular intervals!
    Good luck to you with quitting smoking!
  • TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm slowly trying to quit "real" cigarettes completely in favor of vaping, in order to eventually wean myself off of nicotine. It's been about a month of not smoking more than a few real cigarettes during the week, and only buying an actual pack when I drink.

So far so good. I breathe easier, which is helpful for cardio, and I don't smell like smoke all the time.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses eCigs currently, or is using them to try and quit smoking? What has your experience been?

recently got my E cigarette on Thursday, have not touched a smoke since,
    I can get different flavors and when drinking I would have never thought about just using it on thos nights
    but it takes real cigarettes to a hole different perspective. after the few days iv had my Ecig, I feel
    much better and don't have to sit outside in the cold weather haha
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    I have been using a micro-cig for about a year and a half now. I have been smoke free since 5 Dec 2012. It has worked for me.
  • Eve779
    Eve779 Posts: 2
    Options
    There are lot of good reviews on youtube, the best and maybe the cheapest way is to start with ego style battery.if you are interested I can sen you the links to those video and introduce you to some good online vendor. Just a little friendly advice: dont go to smoke shop,they charge you more than a real price, don't use ciga like style, they taste crapy and won't satisfy your cravings.