Does the 30 day shred really work?

Options
xHungry4Healthx
xHungry4Healthx Posts: 30 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey all,

Hope all is well. I am curious as to whether the 30 day shred really shows any improvement. I did D1L1 today and i did sweat a little. However, is it possible to lose weight around the belly and the love handles??

I am currently at 200lbs and 5'8. What advise would you give to kick start weight loss? What would you combine 30DS with?
Oh, im new here too so i do apologise if you had read this type of questions a trillion times, and ADD me.

x

Replies

• Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think any exercise you do is good. I've done 30DS and I enjoyed it. I didn't see magical results and I didn't loose a significant amount of weight but I did gain some muscle (especially in my arms/shoulders) and improved my endurance. That said, when I did 30DS I was already within my target weight and had been exercising on a frequent basis (4-5 times per week) so the 30DS was mostly for variety.

I know there are some critics out there but I feel that 30DS or any home workout video for that matter is a very useful tool for motivating somebody towards a more active and healthy lifestyle. However, I did not find that 30DS alone gave me enough of a workout on a day to day basis and combined it with my usual jogging or hiking or cycling. It did come in handy on the days where I wanted to get a quick workout before class or work and really only had 20-30 minutes.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I used 30DS the first time I lost weight. I enjoyed it. I did not have any amazing transformation, but there was definitely some change. It certainly did aid in weight loss and help me get into shape.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do the 30DS regular, along with all of Jillian's other DVDs. However, you are going to lose weight the fastest by sticking to a daily calorie limit. 1400 to 1500 calories a day is a good place to start.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, as long as your eating at a moderate deficit for you then I personally think the 30 day shred is a great workout. Personally for me I found it good because I find I workout better when I have someone there motivating me and when I have a set programme to follow, for me doing the 30 day shred made it easier for me to get at least 3 workouts in per week while eating at a deficit to loose weight. I didn't even do the shred in 30 days I mixed it in with my other routine and did it over a period of 2 months - sounds like a lot but it worked for me, my other workouts included a kickboxing class and I usually did the shred on two other days - sometimes more :)

For weight loss I didn't notice an awful difference until I had completely finished it, i'm sure if you did it in a shorter amount of time than I did perhaps you would notice even more, it all depends on how much you give to the workout and diet aswell. It really helped me tone up - loose inches and get rid of that stubborn last 10lbs, diet played quite a big part too though as I tried to eat 80% whole foods where possible. I'd say give it a go, even 1-2 days a week at the beginning, can't go wrong, whatever you choose to do good luck! :D
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS, its a really popular workout for a reason. its a very well constructed circuit workout (cardio-abs-strength) that can be done in 20 mins and it has 3 levels. how much you get out of it depends on your level of fitness and your consistency with it.
This discussion has been closed.