Over in fiber, sugar, and protein... what will this mean?

Options
Hello. Straight to the point... I am eating around 1500 calories a day. I'm on the -1 lb a week diet. I am always at my calorie goal but I always go over and some times way over my fiber, protein, and sugar goal. Will going over those three categories add to the calories I intake each day. For instance, if I eat 1500 calories a day (like that is what mfp tells me I have eaten) and I go over 30 on fiber/sugar/protein, do those extra 30 add to my calorie count to make it more than 1500 that day? Are those extra calories? I'm an engineering student so these nutrition/science questions always trouble me!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No worries - MFP is notoriously low on their protein goal anyway. Fiber is good, and as long as you don't have a medical reason to avoid sugar, no problem there either.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are healthy other than the extra weight, don't worry about it as long as you are also getting enough micronutrients. More protein and fiber will help you digest slower and feel full longer. The sugar is just a tasty bonus.

If you have any medical problems, discuss your diet with a doctor familiar with your medical history.