FINIALLY DROPPING!!!!!!

Options
You have all said it, hundreds of times. Eat TDEE less 20% and be patient. I never listened. Nope, I was stupid and thought eating 1200 calories (when I got that in) and exercising to the point of failure 6 days a week would surely get me to my goal. I wasted so much time NOT LISTENING!

now, finally, the light has gone on! I made a conscious effort over the last 15 days to log, weigh, account for everything, (Another thing I did not do previously) and polled 5 different TDEE calculators and took the average. 1700 Calories is my goal. 5 foot 0, 46 yrs, F, heavy exercising 6 days a week (weight lifting and cardio HIIT) I got just about there every day for the last 10 days. Maybe shy 25-30 calories daily.

I have now lost 3.6 in the last 2 weeks. If I could kick myself harder I would for WASTING SO MUCH TIME thinking I was doing it the correct way. I am also more conscious of the "just one bites" and how deadly they can be to a calorie budget. I never thought about them, sure I knew food was going in my mouth but I didn't count the pretzel here or the cracker there or the bite of chocolate everywhere. Now I do, now I got it. I am eating more frequently too as I am hungrier then I have ever been eating less calories. I hear my stomach growling every 3 hours. This is a strange concept to me. I guess the less you eat, or allow yourself to eat, the more your body says "nope, not gonna burn 1 calorie cause you aint feeding me woman!"

I have a goal of 110, (now 130) before May 2014, I hope I can stay as dedicated to this as I am right now.

thank you all for saying it 1000 times until I heard you all.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo!!
    tumblr_lvm0lpCuBm1qi19j9.gif
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Firstly Congrats.
    I started out at 1200 calories and lost a lot of weight in the last 3 months, but am exercising more and am a lot hungrier so have aimed for 1400-1600 calories a day and am still losing at the same rate.
    It does work!!!!
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo with you on that. I have yo-yoed for years, done all the fad diets, every one of them working for a while but none of them sustainable so the weight went back on with more on top. Gradually I went from 116 pound when I married to 227 pound at my heaviest.

I got nagged into checking out MFP and haven't looked back. I am down from 227lb to 190lb....the lowest I've been in about 10 years and I've finally realised the truth that everyone here preaches....the only way to do it, is eat less, move more. I finally feel that I have said goodbye to being overweight. I have a long way to go yet but I really feel I can get there....and that's a new one on me!!

Thanks MFP (and also a massive thanks to my wonderful nagging, inspirational partner in crime, my sister. I couldn't have done it without you babe xxxxx)
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Yay! Make sure and take plenty of pics for your 'success story' thread! :smile:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Congrats on having your 'Weightloss Epiphany'! :)

It's a wonderful thing to be eating at a sustainably yummy level and be losing weight :)

Congrats and Good Luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yay! Make sure and take plenty of pics for your 'success story' thread! :smile:

I would never have the confidence for those before/after body shots that people post but I have a few 'dressed' pics that will do the trick when the time comes
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post. A pal of mine finally made me realize this. I've been on MFP for over a year however I am day 1 on this New journey of upping my cals and lifting weights etc
    Thanks again, you just reconfirmed that it WORKS!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It truly does work. Feed your body well and the body will treat you well :flowerforyou:
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must feel awesome, like a great breakthrough. Remember that kicking yourself burns fewer calories than most people imagine.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo!!
    tumblr_lvm0lpCuBm1qi19j9.gif

Quoting for the awesome Doctor gif. And congrats OP, glad you found what works for you!! :smile: