CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Options
Okay, so I have lost 30 pounds and am super happy!! My goal is to be 130 and am currently at 147. I go to the gym about 6 times a week I lift weights, hit cardio and do HIT workouts.......... but for the last month and a half I have gone from losing a 2-3 pounds to losing maybe 1-2 in a month!!! It sucks!! what do I need to do to help me get to my goa!!???

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    How's your eating?

Also, you only have about 15lbs left to lose... 2 pounds per month is a good rate, I'd say.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without looking at your food diary.

Also, remember that the closer to goal you get the longer/slower it takes to lose that last amount.

That being said, I highly suspect it's that the problem lies in your calorie intake.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have lost 30 pounds and am super happy!! My goal is to be 130 and am currently at 147. I go to the gym about 6 times a week I lift weights, hit cardio and do HIT workouts.......... but for the last month and a half I have gone from losing a 2-3 pounds to losing maybe 1-2 in a month!!! It sucks!! what do I need to do to help me get to my goa!!???

You're getting closer to your goal, this is what's going to happen.

1-2lbs per month is fine where you're at.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound a week is good progress. When you get closer to goal weight loss is slower. Only people with lots of weight to lose can hope for 2 pounds week after week after week.

Losing at a slower pace is a good thing really. Your body has far less reserves that it used to have. Losing slow protects existing muscle.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i am at the exact same weight and same goal ..Yay!!! I have been losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds per month too and i am ok with it as long as i am losing. Keep eating and being active..you will eventually get there. Transition to maintenance will be so much easier if we go this way..i promise