Down 30 lbs, going for bonus!

Options
13»

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're welcome jr :o) NMTZ is completely strength training, so I've been mixing in different cardio on off days. (2 days NTMZ, 2 days cardio, repeat). Right now I'm just using videos I have around here (P90X Plyometrics and KenpoX or running outdoors.) However, I ordered a couple of videos online and can't wait til they get here. I prefer half hour workouts to those hour long P90X ones.

how long is no more trouble zones?

NMTZ is about 50 minutes (5 min warm-up, 40 minute workout, 5 min cool down). It's longer than I like to do, but I do think the change-up was good for my metabolism. It really kicked in the week I started this workout. I think my body had gotten stale on the 25 minute circuit dvds. But looking forward to getting back to shorter length workouts :o)
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question...When you said "As many have advised and I now understand, I needed to eat back my workout calories too. So for the past 3 months I've eaten anywhere from 1400-1500 calories a day and burned off about 250-350 in exercise. " Was your weight loss changed when you added the extra calories?

My weight loss stayed fairly constant until I got to about 10 lbs left to lose. The first month I lost at a rate of about 1/3 lb per day (just a hair over 2 lbs/week) Most of that month (June) I was eating 1200 calories but then burning 230 of that doing the workouts. I was tired and lightheaded most of the time (I actually fainted after a workout onto my oscillating fan - got a grill mark hickey on my neck from it).

Soon after that fainting incident, I upped my calories so that I was eating 1200 calories plus those that I burned during my workout. During the month of July, I was losing right at 2 lbs/week. Not much of a change in weight loss, but a big change in how I felt. From May 31-July 31, I lost a total of 20 lbs

During August, my weight loss progress slowed down a bit. I think I lost 6 lbs for the month. After finishing Ripped in 30, at the end of August, I changed my workout routine to do longer workouts because my mom was borrowing my 30DS video. I think the change-up was good for my metabolism. I lost 4 lbs in a week after switching, but I'm ready to go back to the shorter workouts :o)

I was told that the last few pounds would be harder fought and come off more slowly. That seemed to be the case in August. I plan to drop 5 more pounds then move onto maintenance.
    Thank you for your reply. You are right there are times when we ruin our diet but there is always another day to begin. I forgot to ask, are you updating everyday fitness pal what you were eating from the day you began or you just cut back everything? I will do it and I hope before the holiday I am already thin. I feel like losing 28 pounds is unreachable but yes nothing is impossible. Thank you!

I hope I'm understanding your question right (if not, please ask me again) Yes, I have been entering my foods daily into MFP since the day I began dieting in May. I have changed some of the items I eat, but I cook for a big family, so making two separate meals is out of the question. I make things that I know my family will eat and I just eat less of them. For example, I always used to eat 2 pieces of lasagna plus a small veggie and fruit. Now I eat 1 piece or even 2/3 of a piece of lasagna and have a larger portion of veggies and some fruit.

I have tried out some healthier meal options on the family, but these have received mixed reviews :/ Still trying there :o)

If the meal I serve my family is just too high in calories to fit in my day, I will heat up some leftovers that are healthier or lower calorie. The biggest thing I cut though is the snacking I would do, especially as I was cooking meals. Now I don't snack at all while cooking (unless I'm cutting fruit for a fruit salad. Hard not to snitch, but I always log it)
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration!! I feel like i need to print out your before and afters and put them on my fridge, lol! I am just a hair taller than you at 5'4 3/4" but otherwise, I had the same starting weight, the same goal weight, I'll be 40 next year and I've got 5 kids! Thanks for reassuring me that it can be done!!!
  • peacock1985
    Options
    Hot momma!! Congrats, you look great! Aaaand. Nice tush! Lol.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    oooh you look amazing!!! congratulations on the results of your hard work
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    WOW you look Great!!! YOur hard work definitely paid off!! YOU must feel like a million bucks!
  • ctuongle82
    Options
    Dear,

You look amazing.
  • jrfit79
    Options
    I can't wait for NMTZ's, I can get through the other DVDs on my lunch hour, but on the weekends I can workout longer and would love more strength training ...so the NMTZ'S will work nicely. I have a few gals working out with me at lunch and I had to show your before and afters....I said ...if we work hard we could look like this one day! If you come across anymore great DVDs ...please post! 30 mins workouts can easily fit in to even the most hectic days! Again...amazing job!!! And thanks for your reply :)
  • Melai17
    Options
    hi! sorry if you find me confusing. Yes you answered me rightly because I was really asking if you were logging your food in the beginning. I just find it hard to get the exact food item and measuring because I am from Philippines and most food I am eating is not in the list. Thank you again.
  • mystery_of_me
    mystery_of_me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Enjoy...you deserve it with all the hard work! You're inspiring!
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look hot!! You look younger too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!