When I look in the mirror, I don't see the weight loss....

Options
2»

Replies

• jmaille
    jmaille Posts: 7
    Options
    Totally get it! I just told my husband this same thing today! I don't understand it, but I've lost almost 50 but still feel fat!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Ditto, especially in my stomach. Just see the layers of fat even though measurements and weight is down. I kept thinking by this time I would be happy with my weight but now just wanting to lose more.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Great thread!

I agree with Dinos...it's not just a female thing (just most men won't admit it!). I grew up skinny with long muscle structure that could work for long periods of time but never impressed anyone (including me).

When I finally started gaining weight because both my activity level and metabolism had slowed down due to age, I quickly developed middle-aged spread and now REALLY didn't like what I saw. I even went away from a militaristic haircut (a flat top) because the body didn't justify it. Now for the short part of the story.

When I look in the mirror, I know that my waistline is back under control but rarely can see it. Occasionally when I shower after a serious ride or other carb burning event I can see my abdominals again and want to yell to my wife to come see this (I don't :-) ).

Unless I really get silly about carb intake - or make exercise my life I will never have a stereotypical beach body and that's hard to accept. My wife has it even tougher as she has done some SERIOUS weight loss and the skin won't respond, the insurance won't cover removing it and we can't afford to.

My point - if we were happy with the way we looked - none of us would be posting on this forum. We are here to get closer to what we want to look like and, more importantly to get, and maintain, healthier lifestyles. Good luck and learn to laugh with the person in the mirror - they could use a good smile!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I look exactly the same, no one else has noticed either (well except my dad, who may just be being nice). I fit slightly better into my clothes but would of expected a dress size drop by now :(

We just have to keep thinking the weight has gone and I suppose we see ourselves to often to notice the changes.