NSV - 6 minutes!

Options
:smile: I feel a bit silly posting my NSVs on here because they tend to pale in comparison to others' NSVs. But here goes!

Last night I had a spare hour before I had to go out, so instead of sitting around the house I opted to duck down to the gym and do a super-quick workout. So that in itself is a bit of an achievement for me.

Secondly, I'm doing c25k and have only just completed Week 1, but didn't have enough time to start Week 2 last night, so I thought I'd just see how long I could run for. I did a brisk 3min warmup walk, then jogged at 8kmh (5.6mph) for SIX CONSECUTIVE MINUTES!!! I know, that's not long for a lot of people, but I'm pretty stoked about it. Especially considering the longest interval you run in c25k Week 1 is 1 minute. And especially considering I felt like I could have kept running for at least as long again, but just didn't have time to.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone! :smile:

Replies

• SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep plugging away at that C25k! I just started week three, and I still get giddy with every new minute of running I successfully complete :)
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think they're both huge accomplishments. Congrats & keep up the good work.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Actual RUNNING? Yay! Way to go!!!!!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I bet it felt great too! I would be the same way!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to feel silly, it was a great milestone for you, made you feel great about yourself and has you excited about exercising!! Great job getting to the gym in the first place.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good on you. Good luck to the coming weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!