SO TEMPTED!!!

Options
Today has already been a tough day for me. I've been on mfp for exactly 3 weeks today and for some reason I have been STARVING today!! I have been hungry other days but for some reason today has been beyond hunger! I've eaten a little bit more today than what I usually do so I do not starve myself and now I was just invited out to my favorite mexican resteraunt by a group of friends. I'm so tempted to cheat and completely induldge! I'm thinking about just getting fajitas (skipping the tortillas) and hoping it will satisfy my craving/hunger. Any other suggesstions?!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    That happened to me as well after being on here for about 2 weeks. I'm not for sure what it is. Maybe it's our bodies changing and getting used to more exercise.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Or say no...

If you do go, drink water, don't eat the rice and beans...just the fajitas. Be smart, you will thank yourself in the morning.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Go out with your friends and enjoy yourself. But eating crappy food won't help you enjoy yourself - in fact, it will lead to feeling crappy tomorrow! Enjoy the company and a drink if you want, but remember the key is - you NEVER have to order off the menu! You can always just ask for what you want and they'll make it!

Order chicken and grilled veggies for example without the terrible for you sauces and it will be awesome! Just be nice to the server and ask for what you want!

Steve
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you probably should eat an apple or something before you go and drink alot of water. The frijitas is probably a good choice if you dont use the cheese and sour cream.. Some days are like that where you are just hungry all day. Have fun, enjoy your night out and try not to go way overboard........
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to enjoy salsa with as few chips as possible (maybe load it on your fajita), it will help. I read something recently that said spicy stuff helps fight back hunger. Focus on protein (fajitas), and drink boat loads of water.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    without a doubt, that also happened to me :flowerforyou:

That was many weeks ago and I managed through it with plenty of water. If you are hungry then how about a little exercise to inrease the calories you are allowed. I PROMISE that it will get easier...a lifestyle change needs a little work and then after a little time...it all becomes natural! REALLY!

You are doing amazingly well...keep it up! xx:flowerforyou: