I Need Opinions

Right, I see lots of people using some kind of shake as a meal supplement (usually for breakfast) people using them for weight loss, people using them for weight lifting, etc.

So, I'm wanting to lose weight - have been doing for a while now, and I enjoy a big dinner. I usually end up having a light breakfast, skip lunch (usually too busy working for lunch) then have majority of the rest of my calories for my dinner. Sometimes I leave enough for a snack later in the night (usually fruit.

Anyway, I want some kind of breakfast shake/supplement, that is low in calories, but going to keep me filled/satisfied majority of the day, until my dinner.

I'm not clued up when it comes to these shakes, I wouldn't know which kind are for weight loss and which ones are for "bulking up" there is that many on the market, I just wouldn't know where to start with picking one, so, I figured I would ask the MFP community

Just to point out, I've not hit a plateau and I have been successfully losing weight for the last 3 months (79lbs so far!) I'm just wanting to preserve my calories for later in the day.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Replies

• jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    We have a product here called BOOST. Comes many different ways but I buy the high protein shake. It helps my muscles recover from the exercising I do which is mainly in the morning. It keeps me full because of the protein in it. Hope that helps a bit.
    Johanna
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    I personally do not think I could drink a shake at 7:30-8:00 am and not be hungry until 6.

My opinion is you eat breakfast as usual and fit in a protein bar mid afternoon.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    I personally do not think I could drink a shake at 7:30-8:00 am and not be hungry until 6.

My opinion is you eat breakfast as usual and fit in a protein bar mid afternoon.

I know what you're saying, but I don't eat breakfast as soon as I get up, it's usually about 1-2 hours after I wake up, and I'm nocturnal, I usually wake up around 6pm, have breakfast between 7-8pm. I work flexi hours (usually nights)

Between breakfast and dinner, I usually consume between 1600-1800 calories, and after exercise it leaves me with between 600-900 calories left, depending how long I spend in the gym/swimming pool.

@ Jojo37696 - I'll check that out, see if they have it in the UK.