Options
blah2989
blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
PLEEEASE! :)

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to a corn salad recipe that is VERY popular whenever I make it for a potluck. I always have people asking for the recipe. A few suggestions on the recipe...First, they don't specify what size bag of corn. I used a 32 oz & think that's what it's meant to be. I doubled the red onion. I chopped the cilantro stems & added, along w/the cilantro leaves. I think I'd probably use more green onions next time. I doubled the dressing ingredients, although I think next time I'd use less oil. I didn't have kosher salt, so I just cut the amount in half. Used 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, instead of the minced garlic. I didn't mix the dressing first, just put all the dressing ingredients in the Tupperware container w/the corn & everything else & stirred well. Then just before serving I turn the Tupperware container upside down & shake/swirl it. I didn't use cayenne pepper.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/09/easy-corn-salad-recipe.html
  • Lexandreia
    Options
    I know this sounds kind of weird but eat it raw on the cob. It's so much sweeter than when cooked and tastes great pulled right out of the fridge on a hot summer day :)

You can also strip off the outer husks (keeping the inner on) and roasting it plain in a toaster oven at 350 degrees for about half an hour for juicy sweet corn.
  • dinglekerri
    Options
    This may sound crazy but my boyfriend and I are addicted to eating sweet corn with sharp cheddar cheese. Something about the sweet corn and the salty cheese -it's soooo gooood! We just shred the cheese on while the corn is still hot so it melts and gets all creamy delicious. Yum! :laugh: <--the smiley label says "laugh" but it is really eating corn with cheddar cheese.