Wow brilliant hot to trot what an inspiration xxxx
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome job well done! Looking fantastic!!
  • lupinibean
    Options
    WOW, I am so impressed! I honestly was impressed by just the top pics... then I saw there was ANOTHER ROW and about peed my pants. :) You look AMAZING! :glasses:

I know, right??? Hawt!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    omg wow!!! lookin good! good for you!!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well done! :smokin:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Great, amazing transformation. It really shows the power of taking progressive pictures. So, do you have a story about yourself and how you did it you want to share?
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's all I can say...Wow!
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    sSJQgmW_zpsdc5a15eb.gif

wonderful and inspiring progress!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    WOW@!! amazing transformation!!! well done!
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    awesome work :)

I esp like you in the green sweater!
  • devariojay
    devariojay Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great, amazing transformation. It really shows the power of taking progressive pictures. So, do you have a story about yourself and how you did it you want to share?

So in a nutshell here is my story.

I was a multi sport junior world class athlete (track, rugby) that ended up getting plagued with injuries about half way through my collegiate career. When my collegiate obligations ended (track) I started to play rugby again, since i had a couple of semesters left in school. My injuries never seemed to heal but then again sports hernias dont just "heal".

So, after I graduated I decided to take one year off of sports altogether to let my body heal up. Coincidently this was the same time I started my professional (non athletic) career as a software developer....and one year turned to 6.

The lack of activity mixed with my past of being able to eat whatever i wanted finally came back to kick me in the tush since i knew nothing about nutrition since i was always training 6 times a week.

Many of my friends that I competed and traveled the world with as an athlete are now professional athletes and winning gold medals in the Olympics and world championships and one day I saw one of them on TV winning. I thought about it and I decided that I needed to get it together.

It took a little bit since my mind was always there, but my body needed to react since I was not used, nor did i have the knowledge about nutrition to lose weight. It took lots of trial and error and time but i finally found the right equations and started to progressively lose weight.

My goal (since im starting to age) is to compete in the 2016 Olympic games in the inaugural Rugby sevens tournament.

I know im not getting any younger so I know that this is basically my LAST chance to reasonably do this. Therefore i started training and gave myself a 5 year plan on what i needed to do to work back into shape and back into world class athletic shape.

Each year as i hit each checkmark I note to myself if I am on track or not with my goal. Also being cognizant that if I cannot meet these goals then obviously my body may not be what it used to be.

However, since I started playing Rugby with a local team last season, i have seen my progress grow leaps and bounds. Today I actually had a game and i did rather well compared to last year and I know i still have a ways to go and a few years to hit my goal.

If I dont make the team, i still know though, that in the very least, i would have regained my fitness and that above all else was the most important part. =)
  • devariojay
    Options
    Thank you all for all the kind words and well wishes and encouragement! Love you all! xoxo
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! fantastic results!!!
  • devariojay
    Options
    thanks hun
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work & dedication.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woow you look hot !
  • devariojay
    Options
    Woow you look hot !

lol, thanks
  • devariojay
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work & dedication.

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!