Goodbye "obese" hello "overweight"

Options
Today I weighed in with a 2.6lb loss, which makes my BMI 29.6. Which pulls me firmly out of the "obese" catagory of the BMI scale. Now I'm only "overweight"!

I know BMI has it's flaws, but I've waited so long for this day, and I'm totally proud of myself after losing 45.5lbs.

Success-Kid.jpg

Replies

• suepat68
    Options
    Good for you, be very proud of yourself !!!

I agree - BMI calculators aren't a good thing if used as a rigid 'goal' (I don't hit 'normal' weight until I drop to 11 stone - but even when I was 18 I looked undernourished at 11 stone while friends who were the same height were slightly chubby at that weight).

But I also agree there is no harm in 'using' them for mini-goals.

I started the year with a BMI of over 50 - making me 'super obese'.
    When my BMI dropped to under 45 I was over the moon to 'just' be morbidly obese. And as for dropping below 40 and being 'just' severely obese - oh the joy!!

In the last week or so I have dropped out of severely obese and am simply obese. And am thrilled to be obese!!

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to say I understand your feelings - and very very well done
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and well done yourself! You have come a long way too :smile:
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was very proud the day I say 'goodbye' to obesity and am very much looking forward to the day I hit my healthy weight!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Love it! Way to go Adam. So proud of you, friend. :drinker:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a wonderful feeling to get out of the obese category. Keep going strong, and you will soon be in the Normal BMI category!!!! :happy:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good for you, be very proud of yourself !!!

I agree - BMI calculators aren't a good thing if used as a rigid 'goal' (I don't hit 'normal' weight until I drop to 11 stone - but even when I was 18 I looked undernourished at 11 stone while friends who were the same height were slightly chubby at that weight).

But I also agree there is no harm in 'using' them for mini-goals.

I started the year with a BMI of over 50 - making me 'super obese'.
    When my BMI dropped to under 45 I was over the moon to 'just' be morbidly obese. And as for dropping below 40 and being 'just' severely obese - oh the joy!!

In the last week or so I have dropped out of severely obese and am simply obese. And am thrilled to be obese!!

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to say I understand your feelings - and very very well done

WOW!!! That's awesome that you've gone from "super obese" to "obese".... I want to dance for joy for you because of how awesome that is :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!