a newbie to the group

Options
hi everyone,
I'm new to the group. when i finally saw that they had horse enthuisits group on MFP I pretty much jumped for joy. Having been raised with horses, i'll happily admit i am throughly addicted and obsessed with horses. You can ask the guys i work with. now a little about myself. Like i said grew up around horses. I was born and raised on a quarter horse ranch where I bred, raised and trained quarter horses with my parents. My favorite sport is eventing but my current horse, (a black 16 hand quarter horse) thinks he's more of a show jumper, and utterly despises dressage, though as he gets older he's starting to come around. I joined the navy and i took my horses with me to my first duty station. From there i was deployed to afghanistan (i know right navy in afghan? where's the water???) we get deployed boots on ground more times then you can think. from there I have been stationed in europe where i currently reside. sadly my horses could not accompany me here, luckily my family is spoiling him senseless for me. so i take lessons when ever i can get away. I am on MFP because after getting in great shape during my deployment i hit the after deployment dump and ate everything i can get my hands on and gained back a good 20 pounds. so now i'm working on trimming that lovely waist line of mine. looking forward to reading ya'lls story's and just chatting horses stuff with people who understand horses!

Replies

• rockinglr
    Options
    is anyone else into eventing/show jumping or dressage here? or just trail riding to